Chapter Fifty-Two

A/N

Eyyyyyyyyy, you know what day it is... Update day!!

This chapter was put together really awkwardly, sorry about that. But I've still tried to make it the best possible! Enjoy!

P.S. Long ass A/N at the end. Sorry about that.

- Eve
.............................................................

"Oh my God!" Matt frantically yells, covering Zack's wound with his tie, applying pressure.

"Oh my God." I breathe.

What have I done?

What have I just– I didn't mean it. It was an–

"It–it–" Zack starts choking.

"What?" Matt tries to get at what he's saying.

So weak and shakily, Zack whispers something to Matt. The art of moving his lips to sound out words looks like such a challenge already. But then, it's not even an art. It's just something he cannot do because he's dying. In front of me, he's dying. And it's all because of me. He's so young and probably has so much ahead of him with the company and... Oh God!

I kneel by them both and look Zack in the eye, "I am so sorry! I'm so sorry!"

His arm comes up and his hand touches my face, "I love you." He chokes.

Endless tears fall down from my watery eyes.

What have I done?

"I'm sorry." I sob.

"Say it back..." He pleads, hoarsely.

"I love you, Zack." I whisper against his ear and press my lips on his.

Pulling back, I see the small smile on his face, "I knew I'd get you one day."

I chuckle with my vision clouded with tears, "you did." My chuckling fades when I realise that I have committed the worst crime of them all, "I've killed you!" I sob.

"Shh..." Zack breathes and feebly raises his finger to my lips, "promise... You'll come to my funeral."

"Zack–"

"Promise..."

Holding onto his hand, I look into his fading blue eyes. "I promise."

Smoothing his hair out of his face, I look at Matt, "how have I done this?" My tears start falling again.

With a brave and heartbroken expression, Matt looks at me boldly, "you didn't." He says and I look at him confused, "I did." He answers my expression.

My confusion fades when I see Matt's hands wrap around Zack's throat, powerfully squeezing, suffocating him. Wild in fear, Zack's eyes writhe in his own head and his weak arms attempt to fight Matt, but his previous wounds make him weaker.

"I'm sorry!" Matt sobs, "I love you, brother."

Soon enough, Zack's eyes roll around until they stop dead, staring at me and his arms fall, finally going limp.

He's dead.

"Oh God!" I cry and fall into Matt.

His arms wrap around me and right now, I cannot begin to think of what he's done in his past. All I know is he's here, right now. My Matthew is here and he's holding me. That's all I need to know.