part 14

dis·hon·or·a·ble dis·charge
noun

the dismissal of someone from the armed forces as a result of criminal or morally unacceptable actions.

•••

they got prisoners on the thursday in april, the men battered and beaten. mostly german, though some italian and japanese.

the british had a chicken pen set up for them, closing them behind the bindings to watch the world spin like a top and them unable to stop it.

harry felt bad for the men, but they were criminals of war, and nazis, so there was little empathy he could offer.

the prisoners were not fed, nor given water more than they needed to stay alive, and when they were accomidated, they were given the scraps, treated in a similar style to how concentration camps were. harry did feel bad for them then, and when on guard of them, would push the water bucket close enough to the fence so it could be reached from the inside when stretched at.

he risked a lot for the men he tried to have dead.

niall knew of what harry was doing, making excuses for him when he was caught, only twice, by saying he had kicked it with his boot when on duty and forgot to move it back, and made a pact with everyone put in front of harry's shift so he could switch with them.

niall risked more than harry. harry risked a dishonourable discharge and a fine, possible outing for being a fairy*. niall risked all but one, removal of land and treason, along with a possible death toll if they believed it to be needed.

niall risked too much, and harry knew this, so he stopped giving water to the men, trying his best to be busy instead of guarding the enemies, because he could not live with himself if he was there and could not help.

louis would do it, he thought as he cleaned tack and fed horses one night, but knew full well louis would never endanger the life of his mates.

so he told niall to be quiet about it and stop his worrying.