Chapter 20

20.

"No!" Jared and Derrick exclaimed together. Angel had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing at her mate and her father as they both started to sputter their objections.

"You don't even know how to fight!"

"I've already lost your mother, I can't lose you too!"

"If you want to help, then stay here. I'll go and help-"

"I just found you after all this time-"

She sipped her tea as they both started to run out of excuses of why she should stay out of the fight. When they finally fell silent, she glanced at the clock before taking all the empty plates and glasses and placing them in the sink. When that was done, she silently walked out of the kitchen, passing the kitchen staff on her way, and headed down the corridor towards Jared's office. She could hear both alphas following her.

'Tommy, you up?' she sent to her mate's beta as they walked.

'Luna?' Tommy replied groggily.

'I'm sorry to wake you up, buddy, but I need your help in Jared's office.'

'I'll be right there, Angel,' he sent back to her.

'Thanks, bubba. Stop by and wake up my cousins. I need you to bring them with you,' she said before dropping the link. A quick request sent to Abner had an order for coffee and pastries on its way to the office for the wolves that would need it.

She entered Jared's office and made her way to the seating area in the corner. She curled up in one of the arm chairs and waited for Jared and Derrick to take a seat before she looked at them. A light knock on the door silenced her before she could speak.

"Ah,Tommy," she smiled at her soon-to-be-brother-in-law. "Thank you for coming down so early."

"No problem, Angel," Tommy said on a yawn. "Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are on their way." He walked over to the couch and fell into the cushions as they waited for Derrick's nephews to join them. The coffee showed up while they were waiting and Tommy quickly fixed himself a cup and grabbed a huney bun still wrapped in the wrapper. When Andy and Jaxon came in, they each helped themselves to the sweet pastries and coffee as well, before finding seats for themselves.

"Okay," Angel began, "Rebecca is my mother, and she's being held captive by her brother." Angel turned and looked at Tommy, Andy and Jaxon, "I had a dream-vision-thing about her in a cell of some sort and Robert came in and started taunting her. Anyways," she cleared her throat after bringing the three men up to speed, "Derrick is planning on attacking Robert to rescue Rebecca. I'm going to help him. And Beavis and Butthead here are arguing with me about it."

The three younger men shifted uncomfortably, none of them wanting to go against their alpha, but none of them wanting to go against the young woman they each cared about in their own way. Finally,Tommy cleared his throat.

"Um, Angel, I want to side with my brother. I don't think its a good idea."

"Tommy, you told me you wanted to set me up against the enforcers to see where I was, strength wise. Are you saying you think I'm some kind of weak, pathetic, female?"

"Angel, that's not what he's saying at all," Jared answered before Tommy could.

"Jared, you didn't see his face when Rebecca said he was going to imprison me!"

"Wait! What?" Jaxon growled as he jumped to his feet.

"That bastard is planning on kidnapping Angel, too," Andy asked his uncle.