Lauren: Thunderstruck- AC/DC

I tilt my head to see where the flashes of light were coming from, but the claps of thunder make it hard for my eyes to focus.

A rush of adrenaline makes my heart beat faster and my breaths become shallower after running from the cabin, more specifically, the police. My clothes are soon soaked, and the cool wind gets stronger, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

My brother's stupid coat doesn't provide any heat in this thunder storm. And my body starts to shiver.

Just as the rain starts to quiet down I hear small chunks of ice dropping around me from the sky at a high speed. I move my forearm towards my face to block away any hail that may draw near. I try to run back to the cabin for shelter, hopefully the police have left by now as it feels like I've been running for hours.

The laces on my boots start to untangle as I run back. As I turn against the wind with my brother's coat flapping about behind me, the anticipation of what I'll find when I get back scares me, but also strangely excites me.

In the midst of it all, I stop running, the hail seems to have died down and now it's just rain that falls on my cold, wet body. I stand in the middle of nowhere, forest as far as my eyes can see and look up into the sky, the flashes of lightening create some sort of beautiful picture.

A small speck of water falls and lands directly into my eye, I use my forefinger to gently wipe my eyelids free from water, and a ringing in my ears consumes me.

A shock of power runs through my body, everything slows down instantly, I don't notice the rain or hail or anything else as everything turns black and I thump to the ground.

You've been Thunderstruck- AC/DC

StruckOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara