Chapter 01 - My broken Family (Introductions)

Anaya's POV :

There are so many reasons to be depressed in life but mine could be the most unreasonable one. I live with this fear that drains all the energy out of my soul every single day.I don't even know if it has a name, how will I explain someone that I'm suffering with the fear of being unloved.
People will laugh at me but how can be someone called unreasonable for wanting to be loved.

Yes love .. and by love I dont mean what most people of my age assume .. Nah, I dont confuse lust with love.

By love I mean a family .. People you can relate to, people who care about you .. people that belong to you !

When I was a kid I lost my father in a car accident . A car accident which would'nt have happened if I had not insisted my father to bring me Mrs.James ice cream on a rainy night. I was such a brat ! No wonder why my twin sister hates me soo freaking much.

Talking of my twin sister , Yes I have one , who hates me .. No, who loathes me to the point where calling me her twin also disgusts her and why not?

I deserve it !

It is me because of whom dad is no longer with us .. It's because of me that Ammi still takes antidepressants to ease the pain within her and it's because of me that we no longer bond like a family.

"Anaya!?" Ammi calls, lpulling me out of my self pitying thoughts.

"Yes ?" I reply entering in the kitchen.

"You remember about the trip we planned for this summer ?" Ammi asked nervously.

"of course I've started packing my bags already, you don't need to remind me. " I replied excitedly.

"I'm afraid you'll have to unpack your bags because we're not going anymore ! " guilt visible in her eyes.

All the excitement drained out from my system the moment she said this. Yes! I was very much looking forward to this trip since it was supposed to be the first ever family vacation we were going to have after abbu died. Though it was just to visit Nanu in Dubai , still I was really happy with the thought of having some family time together through this trip and who knew some broken old bonds could have been mended too.

"WHY?" I asked furiously.

"because your sister have some plans with her friends and I have alot of office work to do dear." she replied

"Ammi don't you see how much I was looking forward to this trip? Why do you and Saba always have to ruin all plans?" I could feel my eyes getting teary.

"It's not like the world will end tomorrow. We can still make plans in future Inshaa Allah. "

"No thanks." I yell and rush towards the door holding my boots.
Before storming out, I look at my mom in the eye and say "You are never going to be the same. I think this is it, I shall now accept the fact we aren't a family anymore, just people sharing a roof. Why it had to be like this?? I hate you and Saba so much ! "

Stunned at what I said ammi scolds "Is this the way you talk to your mother young lady?"

Without replying I slam the door shut and go straight into the garage to get the car and drive away. I dont want to talk to her for sometime. I want to be alone. I put my hands in my sweat pants pocket to get the car keys but they're empty.

What a luck! I must have forgotten them on my dresser and now it'll be hell of an embarrassment to get inside my house after that dramatic exit I made just now.

Huffing I decide to get in as quitely as possible and go straight into my room, get my keys and than phoof out into the free air.

Who knew I'll later regret getting in anyway.