Chapter 9

When everybody had gone to bed I finally got out of the tent and went on my way to the stone table. "I can hear your thoughts remember" I told the two figures following me when we were in the forest. "Please Linnea can't we come with you?" Lucy asked me pleadingly coming out of the shadows with Stark at her heels. "I would like the company for a while" I told them. They both walked next to me and started running their hands through my fur. "From here on I need to go on alone" I told them. "Nea you can't do this" Stark told me sounding really desperate. "You guys have to trust me. For this must be done" I told them. "Lin..." Lucy started. "Trust me" I told them again. Lucy gave me a big hug. Stark stood there looking at me like a lost puppy but at the same time he looked mature and warrior like. And old. Really, really old. "I'm sorry Stark but this is the only way" I told him and put my tongue agains his forehead in a lion kiss. He hugged me and I went on alone. Okay linnea no way back now. I tried to encourage myself. My courage sunk when I reached the clearing the stone table was in. It was filled with creatures. Creatures you mostly see in nightmares. Stay strong. Don't show them you're scared. I walked towards the table. Where the white witch was standing on. She ordered for me to be bound and I was dragged the last couple of meters. She talked to me but what she said was lost as I was listening to Lucy and Stark their thoughts. Lucy who had no idea what I was stepping into when she said goodbye, was now looking at me with fear and sadness but also thankful for she saw that I was sacrificing myself to save Edmund. Stark was crying freely and had to restrain himself from yelling and throwing himself at the witch. Just before the dagger pierced my chest and I blew my last breath I telepathically told them two words. I'm sorry.

"Aslan? Please tell me you're not dead too" I told him ready to burst into tears. "No dear daughter. I'm here to give you yet again another choice. This one is really hard. You have to choose. Die or come back to live. We need you. Without you the whole world will perish and fall into despair and ruin. But if you choose to live again you will be immortal you will NEVER die. You can't. But you will be able to help people" He told me. I thought about it for what felt like a long time. And Aslan stayed with me waiting for my awnser patiently. Not once did he interupt my train of thoughts. And then I remembered something my grandma always told me and the prophesy mentioned it too. Choose not with your head but with your heart. "Do they really need me?" I asked Aslan. "Yes they really do Your Majesty" He told me knowing I had made my decision. "Okay then I choose to live" I told him without any further hesitation. "Thank you" He told me bowing deeply.

When I opened my eyes again I was greeted by two people yelling "LINNEA!" at the top of their lungs while they threw themselves at me. "What? How?" They stuttered. "Because I sacrificed myself and the deep magic says that if a willing victim who hasn't commited a crime takes the place of another the stone table will crack and even death can turn backwards if the person so chooses. I chose to come back but that wasn't without a price. I became immortal by coming back." I told them. "Why is being immortal a bad thing?" Stark asked me. "Tell me Stark why did I come to Narnia?" "Because you're the Queen of Everything?" "Stark I came here because I was trying to commit suicide. I wanted to die." He looked shocked "The ultimate sacrifice. I'm so sorry." "Well no turning back now. No changing my mind. Let's go and help the others with the war." I told them and they climbed on my back.