Train Ride

By the next day, I already had my train ticket. Which I stole from a women's purse. She kept bothering me, by walking way to slow in a crowd of a billion people, so my hand went in her purse and grabbed the ticket that laid in a tiny corner for me to grab it. It was just a coincidence that we were going to the same place though.

In the train it smelled like old cheese and sweat. Most of the marcals on my cart were old. Sixty at the least. I am not saying I don't like old people, it is just that the world could live without them in my opinion. All of the old marcals were asking if I wanted to play chess. I ignored them and went to my bed. First things first: unpack for a long fourty-four hour ride. Everything was set neatly into my bag. All folded and... Neat?!, I thought, When am I ever neat?! Demons in general are not neat. Even my hair is not neat. I had it pulled back in a messy bun before getting on the train. I ignored my new founded neatness, grabbed a pillow and slept.

When I woke my passengers car lights dimmed. A single yellow light appeared in the distance near an old man. His name is Francis. Francis was asleep, so I slipped threw three bunk beds to see this yellow light. When I got to it, the yellow light seemed to be an orb with more than one color inside.

The train stopped.

The force of the brakes on the train tracks threw me forward. When I looked up Hades stood four feet infront of me. He usually only shows up if a demon isn't doing their job. I wasn't doing my job. Marcals can't see our Gods like Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, etc. The Greeks were demons and angels, but when our knowledge got out, we told them it wasn't true, that it is all just a myth. The marcals believed us and told about our Gods in story form.

Hades had pure black eyes, white skin, fire red hair, black lips, and a brown warrior suit on. He had fire in both of his pale white hands, that were balled up in fists. The lights on the train went out completly except for the yellow orb that laid under Hades's left foot. He then pushed the orb into the right back corner where it stayed.

"You should've learned earlier!" He yelled throwing a fireball at my face. I blocked it with my right arm, and ran at him. If you kill Hades he can't kill you in the marcal world. My goal. My hand rapped around his throat. Slowly, I picked him off the ground. Instead of picking at my hand on his throat, he punched my face making me release him and hit the wall behind me. The wall now had huge cracks in it. It looked like unbroken glass. The the marcals still lay fast asleep.

"Your mom should've told you!" He yelled. Nothing he's said has made since.

"If I don't know what your talking about, I can't help you with your tragedy about what I haven't done!" I yelled back. As he stood there confused about what I had just said, again, I ran at him. This time he held out a white crystal that he sliced right threw my neck. Death. It came quickly. My purpose in the underworld is nothing. Death came to quickly for me to take a grasp on my own life first. Everything is dark. I was not in the underworld yet. The darkness filled my thoughts of all of what I didn't accomplish. My entire life flashed before my eyes.

I woke up.

The nightmare seemed so real. My neck hurt. My hand still had a feeling of grabbing someone's neck. Instead of yellow orb, a yellow nightlamp sat next to Francis's bedside. I didn't notice my short breaths until something jerked the train to a stop and my mind swirled in questions. For the rest of the day Hades didn't appear. The train must have been a coincidence. It was just a bad dream. What does my brain know that it is not telling me. What was the meaning of Hades's words?