33: Happy Birthday!

Amy Allisons POV

I woke up before Alyssa, letting her sleep peacefully on the bed. Awe she is so adorable! I cooed in my head as she clutched her pillow with one hand and slept on her back. All we have is a day and Alyssa will know - my best friend will have a mate.

I could sense Axels excitment from his room. Last night Alyssa and Axel went outside and ran around - in wolf form. Which was rather dangerous as Axels wolf was very impatient and was constantly playing with Alyssa, tail wagging.

I padded downstairs and stared happyily at the large mounds of presents and a large banner saying "Happy Sixteenth Birthday Alyssa" written across it.

We all had come a long way, I was a selfish hoe - and honestly - I love myself now. And the fashion is amazing. Plus, I can't believe I was so focused on certain clothes and magazines - I honestly love toy magazines now. And a few newspapers, not many but a few. I've been making up for being ignorant for the last few days and now, I'm actually happy.

I believed that I could change - for the better - when Alyssa believed me. I was sceptical at first at being the one to blame - but in a way I was. I had ignored Alyssa to the extent that I shared a bed with her - and didn't know she still had nightmares - didn't know that Axel came in at night to check on her - to keep his little mate safe.

I was happy.

And today Alyssa would be happy - happier than she has ever been. Humming quietly, I started to prepare breakfast. A few accidental clutters is what brought Axel downstairs. He had unruly bed hair and his eyes were still half closed. "Good thing you went out with Liss last night, otherwise you wouldn't be able to sleep." I chuckled, cracking a few eggs. "Can you put the hashbrowns in the oven please?" I asked, watching as my brother did so.

"I'm so excited." Axel said, in a slightly tited voice.

"You sound it." I chuckled, smiling when he sent me a pouty face. "I recommend having a shower and maybe coffee - get yourself awake." I recommended to him, still waiting for the pan to hit frying stage. I gasped all of a sudden - "Pancakes!" Alyssa loved freshly made pancakes. Quickly, I shook up the batter - thankfully mum had bought the already made mixture and it was easy to use.

I don't know how long it took - but Mum and Dad came down and started helping, we all decided to let Alyssa sleep in. Keeping most the noise down - knowing Alyssa was also a light sleeper - we prepared a large breakfast.

Trays and plates of hashbrowns, bacon, toast, pancakes, omelets, and all assortments of eggs. Proudly, I rushed upstairs to wake Alyssa.

Opening my door as if nothing was wrong, Alyssa was pulling a shirt over her head. "Sorry." I apologized, staring at a fully dressed and fully awake Alyssa. "Happy birthday Alyssa." I smiled, pulling her into a hug. She giggled as I pulled away, handing her a well wrapped present.

"Amy you got me to much." She shook her head.

"Shut it and open it." I laughed, taking a seat on my bed. Smiling, Alyssa sat beside me. Alyssa wasn't one of the - tear open the present type - no, she would go for the folds and peel away the sticky tape and gently slide the gift out. She gasped loudly, hand flying over mouth.

"Amy you shouldn't have." She stared in awe, holding up the fancy camera.

"But I did." I shook my head smiling from ear to ear. Alyssa pulled me into another hug, whispering thank you over and over again. "Now come on, lets go have breakfast." I tugged her up, letting her leave the camera behind on the bed as we walked downstairs. "Where did you get that shirt?" I asked. "I love it." I said staring at the dark violet shirt, the top of the sleeves were see-through lace and it fitted her well. Axels doing no doubt. And she wore black skinny jeans. Smiling, I trailed after her in my pyjamas.

I held back a snicker as Axels eyes landed on his mate, and stared at her with a blush and a dorky smile. My brother was hopelessly in love.

It wasn't okay for me because there was no one to love. I was just in love with an idea that I shoved my life aside and my friend ships. I wasn't the only one who was going to suffer if I ditched my life for a guy I had or might never meet. And I was afraid of everyone else being while I wasn't. I might have not known it them, but I wasn't happy. Who would be if they were pinning over some they never met or knew nothing about?

And seeing Alyssa smile and take the hugs and compliments from my family and her Axel. I was happy.

Alyssa was exactly where she belonged. In the home of people she loved. Even if she was going to move away - Axel had told me she had secured to get a lease for an apartment near school. And I was excited - a little sad but excited none the less. Alyssa independently living in a house - sleepovers. And then the fact that, she probably won't be living in that apartment alone.

Axel told Mum and Dad about his plans to move out - they thinking he was old enough to do so. Along with the fact that he has a very stable job as a packs medic.

Once he finally finishes all his training - which he does whilst living on pack grounds.

"Happy birthday!" Axel cheered, pulling her into a hug, which she happily returned. "My gift to you." He chuckled, handing her a tiny wrapped gift. Shaking her head, she unwrapped it with Axel. She pulled out a single set of keys.

"No." She gasped.

"Yes." Axel chuckled "I got you your first car."