Chapter 10.

Dante

"You okay?" I scanned Ariella's hands to make sure she hadn't cut it on the door or I hadn't hurt her.

She looked fine, but her eyes wore a look of confusion. I then realized what I was doing. I was showing a soft human emotion.

Compassion.

That's not a bad thing, but I knew it wasn't an emotion I was meant to show. My father always warned 'people will take your kindness for weakness, and there is no room for weakness.'

I went imobile, completely dismissing my concern for this woman. I moved her out of the way to close the limo door and left her without another word.

Madeline greeted me at the front desk and I sent her a nod as I went up to my office.

Karina came in minutes later and told me the schedule for what meetings I'd have and who with. I walked out of my office, heading to the conference room as Maria walked out of the elevator and straight towards me.

"Dante, can we talk," She folded her arms. This wouldn't be how an account manager approaches the CEO, and she was well aware of my rule that what happened outside of SEO should stay outside of SEO.

"No, we can't, " I said, continuing to walk. 

"I'll scream,"She threatened. I stopped mid walk and my eyes squinted as she placed a hand on her hip. I pulled her in my office by her arm.

"You're hurting me," She stated, simply, but I ignored and closed her in my office before anyone could notice. Karina went to the conference room and I knew I would be expected to be there with her, but she wouldn't come looking for me.

"Have you lost your damn mind?" I told her, hovering.  "I told you that we don't bring this here. The only thing we should be discussing is my account numbers."

"Does that same rule apply to your slick-mouth-slut Ariella?" She questioned, poking her chest out trying to match my height.

"My what?" My teeth gritted and my temper rose. Who the hell did she think she was?

She gave me a devilish smirk as if she had discovered my deepest secret and would use it against me at will. "That's right, I saw her get out of your limo this morning.  Do you really think you can just replace me that easily?"

She had let all the money she's made and fucking the boss go to her head. Without remembering who it was that gave her that confidence. I should've known better than to fuck a spoiled brat, but that's the last time I'll make that mistake. "Replace you? You never had a place to start off with. You were nothing to me, but my account manager. And now you've very much overstepped your boundaries. Now if you want to keep your job I strongly suggest you act accordingly from here on out."

"Oh, I get it. Now that you found a new whore you talk me however you want? That wasn't the case when you were fucki-"

"Enough!" I snapped, hitting the wall behind her making her jump. I tried my best to calm, hoping no one had heard my outburst. I looked left and right and it seemed my sound proof walls had finally come in handy. Maria's eyes were watery and I felt bad for her.

I had used her. Over and over again. And she wanted to have a place. Maybe in the same place most women wanted, but that place didn't exist. She knew what she was getting into from day one, but perhaps I hadn't made it clear enough. I thought her roll as my account manager would be enough, but I guess I was wrong.

"Look, Maria," I looked into her eyes. "This shouldn't have happened and I am sorry it did. Take the rest of the day off. Come back when you're in a better mind set."