Chapter One - The Start

~Fyi, this is based in the UK. This story will be in an non existent place, though, so i'll leave your imaginations to get the best of you : )

                                       ♡

It's Monday morning, and it's going to be hell is all that went through my mind. I start a new life and my new journey. Today was my first day of college. Which meant I had to socialise with new people, new faces, and create new friendships. I'm not actually good at making friends, not anymore anyway after all my last lot of 'friends' had made it hard for me. I hated school, college, and all that kind of bullshit, I don't see the point in it and never will.

"Saphire! Come on, you're going to be late!" My mother shouted from downstairs.

"I'm coming now, for god sake, we have half an hour yet," I shouted back from my bedroom, rolling my eyes.

Yes, Saphire is my name, unfortunately, that's why I have the nickname 'S' which is what most people choose to call me anyway. But I hate Sapphy or Saph. Call me it, and I'll physically hit you.

I looked around my room to see if I'd forgotten anything that I needed for today. I looked at myself in the mirror and took in my appearance. I decided on wearing a white tank top with a black skater skirt and my black converse with my leather jacket... I know clichés. I didn't really wear make-up, but I put on mascara to look more presentable along with some light blush and I had straightened my long brown hair because if I didn't, it would end up becoming a mess.

As I walked down the stairs with my backpack on my shoulder, the first thing my mother said to me as she looked at me in horror was...

"You are fucking kidding me right?! You look like some type of-"

"Mother what do I look like?" I scoffed at her while I continued to stomp down the stairs.

"Go get changed right now, will you?" she said firmly in annoyance, avoiding what I had said.

"If I wanted your opinion, I would have asked for it," I mumbled under my breath as I walked past her out of the door before my father had any input on this, which he never sees from my side but only hers, every-single-time. I'm sure if he ever took my side, though, hell would freeze over.

I'm not joking..

I got into the car and waited for my mother as she was taking me to college considering I don't drive yet and she's got a new job that's practically on the way.

We only moved here for a 'fresh' start and at the same time she got transferred here, same job just new place. My mother has always worked at some office accountant whatever you'd call it. I never asked nor cared to know. Eventually, she got in the car a few minutes later, which felt like forever. As she got in and started the car, she looked at me with a sigh and then pulled off the driveway.

Oh no, here we go...

"You do realise you're starting a new chapter today, and I want.. no, I need you to focus on your future and really give this a try, Saphire. Please just try this time, and I want us as the family to get along more. All we do is have the same arguments, and I never see you. Just think about it, okay? " My mother said in a sigh.

I didn't bother replying. Instead, I continued to stare out the window, passing all the unfamiliar streets that I'd eventually get used to seeing.

I don't have a relationship with my mum nor any of the family, I can't remember the last time we all ever had a nomral conversation. Sometimes, it feels like I'm living in a house of strangers.

Moments passed when she decided to break the peaceful silence that I was comfortable in.

"Have you heard from your brother?" She asked, clearing her throat.