10 | boulevard of broken dreams

"My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
Till then I walk alone."

10 | boulevard of broken dreams

-Olivia-

False heat drugs are something created by witches. They include essential oils, nature extracts, regular drugs and of course, spells. Since they are produced via magic and spells, they don't have an antitode.

Not a lot of people use these drugs. That is is because they are really expensive. And they can cause a lot of pain if not used correctly.

Heat not only painful, but complicated too.

A lot of people confuse heat with sexual desire or arousal. But they are different.

Sexual arousal is usually for a particular person and due to action/situation- like by someone grinding against you, or you being involved in a sexual activity. Whereas, heat is not for a particular person and is a matter of time. Like, a marked wolf falls into hear every new moon until mating is completed.

Heat is just the unquenchable need/demand of your body for release.

If a werewolf's human mate is in heat- then only his/her mate can quench it. Whereas, if a werewolf's werewolf mate is in heat, he/she will be attracted by every person of opposite sex. (With the exception of gays, lesbians, and mated wolves.)

That is what makes heat risky.

When in heat, your body produces special oils and hormones that make your scent ten times sweeter and attractive. The smell of your arousal is detected by the wolfs of other werewolves and that triggers their want to quench it.

A wolf is extremely sensitive to the scent of anyone's heat arousal and it triggers the it to feel attracted to that person - mate or not.

So these drugs are mostly used by non-mate wolfs (who aren't mates by fate) so that they can complete their mating process.

Or by kidnappers to exploit someone.

The second my body started burning without any reason, I knew it. I knew he injected me with this.

That fucking bastard.

Screams left my throat as a burning sensation started from my core to my heart and then finally settled in my head.

My head began spinning like crazy and my stomach throbbed in pain.

I wanted to peel off every fabric of cloth off me. Seriously. It was too hot to wear clothes.

But I had dignity. I was not alone. I was not in my home. And there are people here.

It doesn't start with a burning sensation though, it starts with a pain in your heart. Because your wolf is wailing for not being fully mated, then it goes down to the womanhood, where it starts to burn.

Droplets of sweat formed on my forehead and I sucked in a deep breathe, trying to calm myself.

From the corner of my eye I saw Chance beat Xander down and for the first time ever I was thankful of him.