19 | they don't really care about us

“All I wanna say is that
They don't really care about us.”

---

16 | they don't really care about us

•Olivia•

"Lupus," I whispered, realizing it was the name of my wolf mate.

He howled in approval and started moving his head against my stroking hand. I smiled, cupped his snout with both of my hands and brought his face near mine.

Lupus is a beautiful wolf. Probably the most beautiful wolf I have met in my life. His fur was rich and soft at touch. He was a pure black wolf. The only of cream-white he had was on his left ear— which was honestly adorable.

It was like a little wolf- birthmark.

As I said, he was tall. A bit taller than me. And absolutely huge. So much so, it made me feel a bit intimidated. I wondered how my wolf would like life... I am sure I'd be much smaller because I am a lower rank than him.

His greyish blue eyes sparkled in the moonlight and it was hard not to get lost in them. They were so icy. It was like going on a holiday to Alaska and skiing in snow. It was refreshing, and at the same time, enthralling.

It was dark by now. But not dark enough for me to not able to see him. He leaned into my touch and I happily welcomed him. I pressed my forehead against his and ran my fingers through his fur.

Atleast one of my mate loves me.

I sat down on the ground and he happily laid his head on my lap. I chuckled at how adorable he looked with his huge form slumped on the ground and he started face snuggling his snout in my tummy.

"Stop!" I giggled. When he tickled my stomach with his snout. He gave me a wolfish grin— which I had no idea existed and snuggled further in my lap.

I sighed in content and scratched the fur behind his ear. He shivered at my touch and smiled.

I really smiled.

After such a long time...

His ear— I discovered was his sweet spot and he was super sensitive there.

After sometime when my legs felt sore, I urged him to get up so we could take a walk around the forest. He happily complied and got up on his fours.

I got up too and was ready to walk futhur into the woods when a nudge on my leg stopped me. I turned around to see that he was bending with this front half down and he was nudging my leg for some reason.

At first I frowned, wondering what he wanted. But realization dawned me and I realized that he wanted me to sit on him for a ride.

I quickly shook my head and refused. He whined and looked at me with puppy eyes.

Wow. This wolf can grin and make gooey puppy eyes.

Fantastic.

I sighed and decided to just comply with him. Afterall, it can't be that bad right? I have never rode on a wolf before and honestly, it scares me a bit.