58 | same old love

"Take away your things and go
You can't take back what you said, I know
I've heard it all before, at least a million times
I'm not one to forget, you know
I don't believe, I don't believe it
You left in peace, left me in pieces
Too hard to breathe, I'm on my knees
Right now."

--

58 | same old love

-Olivia-

"It is my mother," he said and my head snapped in his direction in surprise.

I hadn't expected him to speak up. Let alone speak about his late mother. Someone I know he is super sensitive about.

I had expected him to say something after that, but he did not and he kept staring at a distance, as if he was lost in thought.

I knew better than to disturb him at that moment. I knew he was mustering and consolidating his thoughts to bring them to words. It is something I myself, do a lot.

I was patient, yet a bit happy, I was getting my answers. My closure. As selfish as it might sound, I was really concerned about it.

Though the same time, a little part of me felt for him and wanted to comfort him. But that part was locked up and burnt down by now. It was unwelcomed.

So many expressions crossed his face from sadness to agony to pain, to hostility and then finally determination.

I was this close to calling his name in confusion when he started shaking his head.

"I can't tell you." He said. Confusing me greatly.

His expressions that I had thought had softened, turned cold again as he looked at me with an icy glare. "You don't deserve to know."

My jaw dropped at his change in behavior and it made me a little mad to be honest.

"What? Why not? I deserve to know the reason behind I was hurt so much." I said, stating facts.

He scoffed. "As I said, you don't deserve to know. The only reason you should know of is that I fucking hate you. I hate you and your existence. Your face, your smile, I just hate it. And I think you are not worth it."

He words were filled with venom and hatred, but then why did it seem so forced?

Whatever. I wasn't backing out.

"Exactly, I want to know why you hate me." I said, pressuring him.

He gritted his teeth and his eyes flared in annoyance.

"What you want me to say huh? That I regret doing what I did? That I shouldn't have done that? Listen here, and listen good, I don't regret a bit of what I did and I won't take anything back. You deserved what you got."

I curled my fist in anger and walked upto where he was standing near the door.

"I am not an idiot, okay! You were going to say something. Something.... something related to your mother. I heard it. And that has something to do with your loathing for me. Whenever I bring your mother up, you tense up. If is a sensitive topic for you. You uttered her name when you said you had a reason. All these add up to only one thing and that is that she is somehow connected to all of this. Don't lie to me, Chance. I am your mate in the end of the day and I can tell when you're hiding something. Tell me the truth. Did that night really mean nothing to you or are you just trying to get back at me for something?"

My words ignited a spark in him and that wasn't a nice spark for sure as his eyes flared up in anger and he got extremely aggressive the next minute.