Twenty-Eight

Quincy was sitting on the couch, drinking his fourth glass of scotch, as he sat in the darkness of his living room

Quincy was sitting on the couch, drinking his fourth glass of scotch, as he sat in the darkness of his living room. After Benita left him, he felt a hole in his heart that he never knew was there. That hole had always been for Miranda, but now...it was for his wife. It was for Benita. Hearing his doorbell ring, Quincy didn't budge as he down his drink and poured himself another glass.

"So you didn't hear me ringing your damn doorbell?" He looked over and saw Tony walking into the living room, turning on the lights.

"How the fuck did you get in here?" He grumbled.

"Did you forget that I am a former cop? I know how to pick locks and all that handy shit, but anyways...why haven't I heard from you? I thought we had a deal, Q. Santana for your son."

"My son is barely speaking to me and I haven't seen that damn girl since we got into it at the hospital." He sighed.

"Useless! You're fucking useless!" Tony spat.

"Look...I've had a really rough day, my wife left me, my son hates me, and for some reason...I keep associating with you! I'm done with your shit, Tony! Now get the fuck out of my house!" Tony chuckled as he ran his hands over his beard, turning away from Quincy.

"I guess since you're done with me, then you're no longer useful to me." And with that, Tony turned around and shot Quincy twice in the chest. He stood there and watched as Quincy fell to the floor, placing his hand over his wounds. Tony smirked as he stood over him, pressing the bottom of his shoe against one of the gun shot wounds. "One Quincy down, one more to go." He turned and strolled out of the house, leaving Quincy to bleed out and die. Quincy reached into his pocket, shakily pulling out his cell phone and dialing 911. He wasn't ready to die yet. Especially when he had to make things right with Benita and QJ.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"I-I..." He struggled to say.

"I'm sorry sir. I can't understand you."

"I-I've been shot. I-I need..." Quincy started coughing up a dangerous amount of blood, as he dropped his cell phone and closed his eyes. "Benita...QJ...I'm sorry."