XI

Cam
So it's been a few days since I been back in town and honestly I wish I was back in Cali. I forgot how cold it gets in this bitch. I haven't left the house for too long cause I ain't finna get sick. From time to time I'd have one of my little corner boys tell me how the warehouse is running.

"Babyy." I heard Trinity call.

"Wassup." I asked looking at her standing by the doorway.

"You never told me how your trip went."

"It was good I guess, CJ look just like me."

"Aww, I can't wait to see him." Now I love Trin and she my girl but I don't plan on letting her meet CJ. So I just gave her them friendly smiles.

"How you been tho?"

"I've been good."

"Has the situation cleared up?"

"Yea everything's fine."

"Who was it by the way?"

"Quay." She said referring to one of my corner boys.

Quay 17 bout to be 18 and is my left hand in any situation. He reminds me of myself when it comes to each other's past. His mom gave him up for adoption but as he got older she tried to persue a relationship but he wasn't down for it. He like family so I'm confused as to why he'd try to steal from me.

"You need to handle that baby, can't be looking like you let shit fly in these streets."

"You right." I said getting up. "I'll be back."

"Wait before you leave, I need some money."

"How much?"

"Couple stacks." She smiled innocently. I reached down my pocket and gave her 2 gs. "Thanks baby." She pecked my lips.

"No problem." I said kissing her back. I left out the house and went over to warehouse. When I got there, the two guards nodded and let me through. Seeing the naked women doing their job, I walked down the hall and saw the corner guys playing 2k.

"Ay ay ay, watch it." Quay yelled as I grabbed him by the hair. "Fuck wrong with you?!"

One thing bout Quay is that he don't think before he speaks. Something that'll get his ass in trouble.

"You stealing shit from me now? I don't pay you enough?" I asked . He ain't answer, just groaned in pain. "Fuckin' answer!" I barked.

"Nigga I ain't stole shit from you! Fuck you talking bout?!" He yelled back. "Let my shit go, I ain't finna have yo Hulk ass rip out my curls."

"So why I have to hear from Trin you stole money from me?"

"That smurf hair bitch don't know what she talking bout." He said tryna get out of my hold. "If anything she's the one scheming."

"What you talking bout?"

"Let me go and I'll show you." I let his hair go and brushed off his fit. "Fucked up bape gear, musta lost yo goddamn mind."

"Stop complaining bitch." I said. He gave me the finger before walking to the surveillance office. He showed me footage from last week.

"Yo girl came in around 3 on Wednesday saying she wanted to make sure everything was good." I saw Trin walk in then made her way up to my office. Then watched her make her way to the safe.

"This bitch!" I yelled punching the wall.

"Want us to take her out?" He asked. I shook my head. There has to be reason why she taking all this money.

"Come with me." I told him. We both made our way to the car and drove to the nail salon she always go to.

Once we got there, I saw no sign of Trin so we asked one of the Asian ladies.

"Have you seen Trinity?"

"Tips?"

"No Trinity."

"You wan' takeoff?"

"No-lady have seen trinity? Blue hair, short brown skin girl."

"Oh you wan' brown blue cola."

I was getting frustrated with this lady.

"Ms..ha you seen girl blue ha a brown skin?" Quay asked sounding like them.

"Oh no no, she no here today." She said smiling.

"Ok, Ni hao." He said before we walked out.

As we got in the car, I looked over at him.

"What?"

"Ni hao means hello dumbass."

"You just mad she ain't understood you."

I sighed and pulled off. "Retarted man, I swear."

I drove to this weave joint down in Harlem. When we walked in, I spoke to the receptionist. She bad as shit.

"Wassup ma, have you seen Trinity?" I asked her.

"No I haven't...but is your friend ok?" I looked over at Q and he was drooling over shawty.

"He good, he just delayed a bit." I said.

"Nigga fuck you." He said snapping back to reality. "Anyways my name Q."

"Well Q, I'd make sure to keep that hole closed next time when you look at someone." She said.

"I'm tryna have this hole meet that hole in between ya legs." He said smoothly. She shook her and walked to the back. We both made our way outside and started walking.

"Real smooth." I said.

"I mean, I try." He said popping a fake collar. I shook my head and thought of other places.

"Aye bruh lets check out Black Ink."

"Fa what?"

"I wanna see if any of the cast is there."

"You can go, imma keep looking."

He shrugged and went up to the tattoo parlor. As I looked through some of the stores, no sign of her. I gave up eventually and walked to this soul food joint. It was like a buffet with shit full of soul food. I filled my container with Mac n cheese, collared greens, gumbo, rice, fried chicken and candy yams. On the side I made a desert container full of banana pudding for Q.

As I was paying, something told me to look outside and best believe I saw Trinity all hugged up with some nigga. Ya boy was heated but I kept my composure. I grabbed the bag of food and walked to the car without looking at her, wasn't sure if she saw me but she gon see something later. I waited for Q and he didn't get in the car till almost an hour later, but I was eating in the meantime.

"Aww damn you went to Sweet Mama's? You bought me something?"

"Check the bag." I said eating my gumbo. He took out his container and ate his banana pudding.

"Any luck?"

"Yup."

"Well whea she at?!" He yelled reaching for his gun. "Bitch gon' learn to respect my goddamn name."

"Chill." I said laughing a lil. "You gon get your revenge."

"I better." He said. "I can tolerate lying on my dick but lying on my name is something ion take nicely."

This kid something else.