14. Kung-fu and Bloody who?

ALEXANDER DIMITRIOU'S POV:

Usually it used to be me who woke up in the middle of the night after mind-blowing intercourse and left, leaving a note of course. The women obviously knew it was just a one-time thing before getting into it. But it felt really weird when Ariana did it to me. Like sometimes I would unconsciously roam my hands over the sheets hoping to find her next to me and I don't know- just hold her close to me.

But I would still see her for breakfast and whenever I went to find my sister. She was always there but still out of reach. And I realized I didn't like that. It was almost like an epiphany. Or not. I-I don't know I'm so confused! I guess this weird feeling grew since the first time she tried to hit on me- but also smacked me in the face when I didn't have her with me last night in my bed. I mean I did have her pretty much all the time physically but emotionally? I don't know.

Oh My God I think I'm going crazy. Emotionally really? I'm sounding like one of those people who are trying to sell stupid candles through the idea of energy chakras and stuff!

And that's the exact moment when I fell. Literally. Karma probably heard me because when I looked up it was none other than Ari itself with a stack of books and snacks in her hands. She looked like a deer caught in headlight and said "bless you!" With her wide eyes and shaky breathe.

"Bless you?" I asked, getting up and swiping away the dust on my jeans.

"Urm- yeah- uh it's an Indian tradition, younger people usually bend down and touch their elder's feet as a gesture of respect and the elders bless them- I don't know why I remember that now- not like you are younger than me- it's just you just suddenly came onto me like that at the turn and I was worried about not having enough snacks to read these books and-"

"You were worried about snacks?" I chuckled shaking my head. She looked so cute when she thought I caught her murdering someone and stuttered a little. This was my favourite look of hers.

Well fúck I didn't know you could have a favourite look! This is ridiculous!

"Uh- I need to get to work, try not to create much of a mess and- stay away from-" I scrunched my eyebrows, I didn't know where I was going with that so I said the first word that came to my mind "danger" and I left.

In my office the first thing that I saw was blood, not too much but just a few drops on my desk. I saw Michael pass through the front of my door holding his arm which looked like it was scratched badly.

"Mike! What happened? Are you hurt anywhere else?!" I rushed to him.

"Don't worry about it Alex, I'll be fine, just a wolf attacked me near the fence but another one pounced on the first one and I think it kinda tried to save me... I don't know man I guess I'm seeing things again" he shook his head.

"We gotta take you to the Doc come on, FEYONA TELL STEVE TO GET THE CAR AROUND!" I called out to Feyona when Michael resisted. "Alex! You know I don't like going to that crazy Doc, she always wants my permission to probe and test me as if I'm something inhuman! I'll just clean up the wound right here" He said in total seriousness.

In the end he convinced me to cancel the Doc, in return he let Feyona tend to his wound. I was kicked out of his room when he said he was fine for the seventeenth time and threatened to throw me in front of that wolf. So I had no choice but to go back to my office, the blood making sense now.

I saw an invitation placed on top of my files, an invitation to the biggest party of the year! It wasn't big in size per say but every rich person in every feild would be here, even the ones underground would crawl out of their holes for this party and this year's theme was masks.