Chapter 9

Noah's POV

I caught her before she could fall on the ground. I wrapped my arms around her securely as her motionless body hang there.

"No..no..no" she painfully whimpered and then she was out.

"Anna please stay with me please..." I tried pleading with her so she could stay awake. It hurt to see her in this state. I knew right away that she was having a panic attack. Whatever Katlyn said to her had triggered it. I wonder what could've made her react this way. If it made her have a panic attack, it must be something detrimental.

I carried her upstairs to her room since it wasn't a major problem. I opened the door and laid her gently down on her bed before rushing back to the kitchen. I got a wet cloth and a bucket of water and carried it back to her room. I put the wet cloth on her forehead and tried to think of what to do.

Her body temperature was slowly becoming more normal. I sat down at the edge of her bed and watched her laying there. I know it was creepy but I couldn't help myself. Anna was one of the most beautiful yet impaired being I've met. She looked so tranquil in her sleep but I knew she was battling dreadful wars with her mind and her demons to keep herself sane. I wonder what goes on in her mind. I pity her and I know that would be the last thing she needs right now.

I looked to her nightstand and saw the photo frame from last time. It was still in the same position as last time and before I could grab it I felt a presence behind me.

"Who are you?"A deep voice asked sharply.

I stood up immediately and turned to see a middle-aged man staring at me intently. I figured it was Anna's father because they had similar features. They both had blue eyes while Anna had dark brown hair, he had jet black hair. He probably used to be a player in his days. Even though he stood an inch smaller than me he was entirely intimidating.

"N-Noah sir." I stuttered feeling uncomfortable under his intense gaze.

"What are you doing here?" He asked more curiously. Damn.

I turned around and faced Anna still sleeping on her bed and looked back at him. As if realizing it wasn't only the two of us in the room he walked closer to Anna. He's features softened at the sight of her. There was a glint of worry and fear in his eyes. They slightly reminded me of Anna's eyes.

"What happened?" Her dad asked, his voice laced with concern.

"One of the girls at school humiliated her in front of everyone and said something to her that triggered her to have a panic attack." I said briefly. I didn't want to sound scared of him.

"Why?" he said softly to no one in particular. Not knowing what to do than just stand there, I turned around to leave.

"Thank you son." He said from behind me sounding sincere. I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him.

"No problem, take care." I said and left.

************************************
Anna's POV

I felt something cold on my forehead. I slightly opened my eyes only to find out I was in my room. I don't remember getting into my bed or coming home. Was it just a dream? It felt too real. I removed the cloth and put it on my nightstand.

And just like lightening everything came back. All the events that occurred at school. How Katlyn humiliated me in the cafeteria and me breaking down. Running home till I got in the front door. But how'd I get here when there was no one else at home. All I remember is strong arms wrapping themselves around me.

I can't even comprehend what Katlyn whispered to me. I don't understand how it only took a few words for my whole world to come crushing down. A few seconds to have my heart shattered into pieces. Well life is has it's tolls. It hurt even more because I promised myself I'd be strong and not allow anyone walk over me.

A soft knock brought me out of my train of thoughts. I looked up and saw Him. Shocked that I couldn't believe it, I just froze in my spot. He was here, in front of me smiling. My dad was here!

"Come here pumpkin." Dad said happily opening his arms. Without any hesitation I ran into his arms and held onto him tightly. I really missed him. Living without him wasn't the easiest thing to do.

"I missed you." I said into his chest not wanting to let go. His chest was vibrating, clearly chuckling at how I did this all the time he went way. I slowly pulled away from him and looked up to him.

"I missed you too pumpkin." He said with a bright smile on his face. It was gone too quickly as if he seemed to remember something. He looked at me with concern. I knew that look all too well.

"What happened pump?" He asked his voice laced with genuine concern and care. I didn't like keeping things from my dad but sometimes I felt like It was too much. I don't want to lie to him either way.

"It's nothing, one of the girls at school just humiliated me. You know the usual." I said trying to sound nonchalant.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"I'm fine." He didn't look convinced but he decided to let it go.

"Good, now let's go downstairs and make something to eat like old times."  He said happily.

"Like old times." I said and followed behind.