Chapter 14: Her

"Jaimie-mae, she's just got this- this thing to her. I dunno, i don't know how to describe her. I guess she's just... beautiful. In so many ways."

Fabian watched subtly as Jaimie-mae lifted the food to her mouth across from him. It looked like she was struggling to physically get anymore food down. He realized she had a small appetite but she didn't want to make it seem like she didn't like the food or that she was wasting it.

She was too sweet for her own good. 

Everyone was almost done their food and she was barely halfway through. He chuckled when he caught her not paying attention and she missed her mouth and the fork hit the side of her cheek. 

Her face burned with scarlet color as she looked down at her lap and wiped her face with a paper towel.

When all of the Sharp's had eaten their food, Justin cleared his throat which made Jaimie-mae flinch in her seat a bit.

"Do you not like rice sweetie?" Madison asked carefully. Fabian could tell his mom was worried Jaimie-mae didn't like her cooking.

"No. This taste really good. I just don't have the... biggest appetite."

Madison nodded in understanding. "Okay. That's fine. Just eat what you can."

Jaimie-mae let out a subtle breath of relief and Fabian had to hold back a smirk. He knew he was right.

"How old are you Jaimie-mae?" Justin asked as he wiped the corners of his mouth.

"Im seventeen."

Justin immediately looked at Fabian and glared at him.

"What?" Fabian asked with an innocent shrug.

"She's too young," Justin hissed.

Fabian noticed Jaimie-mae move around uncomfortably in her seat.

"What do you like to do Jaimie-mae?" Madison asked in an attempt to change the subject.

"Ugh... like school wise or for fun?"

"Either one."

"My favorite subject is art. And i do a lot of sketching and stuff in my free time."

"That's good. Both of my boys like to draw."

Jaimie-mae's eyes immediately drifted to the framed, detailed sketches on the fridge and wall. "Is that their drawings?"

"Yup," Mason cut in proudly.

"They are really good," Jaimie-mae complimented.

Immediately, both Mason and Fabian beamed over at Jaimie-mae. She chuckled lightly as she took a sip of her water.

"How is school going for you?" Madison asked.

"Its good. All A's and B's."

"That's great. What school do you go?"

Fabian began to get worried that this would lead to something like what he had done in the hospital. He did not want to see that happen again.

"Hey, mom. Can Mason and me take Jaimie-mae upstairs."

"Why? We were aski-"

"Yeah, please mom. She can draw with us!" Mason said excitedly as he got up from his chair.

Fabian mentally praised Mason for joining in on the argument. It just made winning a whole lot easier. His parents always had trouble saying no to Mason.

Madison huffed. "Yeah go ahead. Keep the door opened please."

Fabian rolled his eyes. Why would his mom even say something like that. He'd never do anything like that with Jaimie-mae. He was going to college next school year. With college girls.