Chapter twenty two

Jerome and Elena were driving to the building where supposedly his brother was working. Jerome was looking super excited which made Elena smile. He had waited to long for this. But she was curious to find out more about his brother. All she knew so far was that Jerome seeked revenge, but she didn't know why.

"So, you never really told me what happened when you and your brother split up as kids?" Elena asked and she could see right away that it got Jerome thinking. His facial expression would change to a more serious one as she mentioned him. He thought for a second before he replied.

"My brother was the golden child in the family. He would always be all smart and draw these labyrinths and stuff, which I never understood why. I mean it looked super boring! Anyways, he would always get compliments and rewards for everything he did. He could literally breathe and get an applause. Me on the other hand, the only reward I got for anything was a hand across my face or a foot in my back." Jerome said as a frown was growing on his face. Elena placed her hand onto his and squeezed it and it made Jerome look down then up into her eyes.

"Why were they always so horrible to you?" she asked. 

"Well, because of him, of course. I didn't know about it, but he constantly told them lies about me. Told them I tried killing him with a knife on his birthday and that I tried setting him on fire. One day while I was a sleep they took him away and I never saw him again. I was left to live with those people who would keep on beating me as a punishment for "what I did to my brother". Luckily, I fixed that problem." he said and grinned at the thought of murdering his mom.

"You deserve your revenge, Jerome. If your brother said those things, he deserves the same faith as your mom. So let's go and find that son of a bitch." Elena said and Jerome smirked.

"He really is tho." he joked which made Elena laugh. They entered the building and noticed there was no guards at the first floor.

"Where's all the guards?" Elena asked and looked around herself.

"He can't be that stupid." she said as they waited for the elevator. Once it opened they saw a dark skinned lady dressed in fancy old people clothes. She even had a dead fox lying on her shoulder. Once she laid eyes on Elena and Jerome they widened and she completely froze like a deer in headlight.

"Good day to you, mam." Elena said as she and Jerome entered and stood beside the terrified woman. The doors closed and the woman didn't even dare to breathe. You could see her hands was shaking uncontrollably.

"Just out of curiosity, are you just too ugly to wear you own skin?" Elena asked and turned to the woman leaning closer than what normally people would be comfortable with. The woman turned to Elena almost not daring to look at her and opened her mouth to reply but failed terribly.

"I...I.." she stuttered."

I..I, what? Fox got your tongue? I know for sure you got his." Elena mocked her. Jerome was laughing in the background at Elena tormenting that old woman. The doors opened and Elena smiled.

"I suggest you get outta here, because if you're not gone withing the next 20 seconds, you'll end up just as dead as that fox on your shoulder." Elena said with a sinister grin. As soon as Elena and Jerome walked out the woman rapidly pressed the button to take her back down. The doors was only seconds away from closing when Elena looked down at her fake watch on her wrist.

"Oh would you look at that, time's up." she said as she quickly pulled out her gun and shot the lady right in the head so she dropped dead and the doors closed sending her downstairs. Elena turned to Jerome with a grin and he looked amused.

"Freeze!" she heard someone shout behind them. Elena grinned again and turned around while holding her weapon up with her finger off the trigger. There was two guards standing there pointing their guns at both of them.