Chapter twenty six

Elena sat by a small pond in the forest crying her eyes out. It was so many emotions going threw her at the same time. Seeing Jerome hurt made her hurt, but being the one who hurt him made it worse. He had never yelled a her like that or been so aggressive. She regretted saying what Jeremiah told her to Jerome. And why on earth did she do it? What Jeremiah said was only lies he came up with to buy himself more time to let Ecco knock Elena out. None of it was true, and she knew that all along. Which was why she got so angry at herself for that she just even for a second, believed him. She could tell Jeremiah was smart. He knew exactly what to say to get into your head. But it shouldn't be an excuse.

She heard a branch break behind her and was super quick to jump up and aim her gun in the direction the sound came from. Then her eyes widened as she realized she was aiming at Jerome. And she noticed his eyes...they were filled with tears. Jerome rarely cried. He ran up to her and she instantly started crying at the sight at him. In that moment, he was all that mattered. She dropped her gun and was caught into his arms embracing every inch of his body. They hugged for a long while until Jerome pulled away and looked her in the eyes.

"Elena, I'm so so sorry!" He said hastily. But Elena quickly shook her head and looked him in the eyes.

"No, I should apologize! I shouldn't have said what I said...But I never believed him! Not a single word." Elena said threw her crying sobs. Jerome smiled which made Elena feel better instantly. His smile was her medicine. It seemed like in the darkest of moments his smile could brighten up everything.

"I know, I know. And I don't know what came over me, I just snapped. You know, when you mentioned the coma and all. It was like a smack in the face, like I failed you all over again. And the fact that he made you feel scared that I would do that again, it made me so angry. But I'm sorry, Elena. I know how he is and it wasn't your fault." Jerome apologized sounding more sincere than ever. Elena looked at him and started smiling as she cried.

"Jerome, what happened that night, at the circus, it wasn't your fault." She started as she placed her hand on his cheek stroking his skin with her thumb. He leaned into her hand enjoying her comfort.

"They blame you, say you could have shot Theo at the mansion. But guess what? So could I. And so could all of them." She said and Jerome leaned his head up as his eyes widened.

"And I was given the opportunity to leave when I had the chance, but I didn't. I made my choice knowing the risk behind it. And I still do. I'm still here, because I want to be here. Because I love you, Jerome." She said and smiled at him.

Jerome's eyes were glowing. He smiled and threw his hands around her neck hugging her tight to his body.

"How did I ever get so be so blessed to have someone like you in my life?"

"Well, I wouldn't call you blessed, cause I didn't fall from heaven. I crawled out of hell." Elena said and Jerome pulled away with a grin.

"So true, my little demon." He said which made Elena chuckle.

"So...we're okay?" Elena asked and looked him in the eyes. He smiled and nodded at her as he placed his hand on the side of her cheeks.

"Always." he replied and placed a kiss on her lips. As he did he couldn't help but smile.

The next morning Elena woke up smiling as she felt Jerome laying close into her back breathing down her neck. She turned around and kissed his nose which made his eyes open.

"Morning, gorgeous." He said with a smile. Elena returned it and chuckled.

"Morning, ginger." she said and he shook his head playfully.