Chapter thirty

As Elena re entered the stage she laughed when she saw Jerome singing for the crowd. He had a guitar in his hand and was jumping around like crazy.

"Why are we waiting? Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting. Someone's gonna die!" he sang and she couldn't lie, it hurt her ears a bit. But then she saw Jim coming out in the back of the crowd with Jeremiah by his side. Jerome stopped singing an he grinned at them.

"Look who decided to show up. We were staring to get nervous. Especially the Mayor here." Jerome joked as he pointed over his shoulder. 

"My guest of honor," Jerome said as he smirked at Jeremiah "Please, take your seat on stage." he said as he pointed his hand at the empty chair. Jeremiah seemed to be frozen. Jim laid a hand on his shoulder and gave him a nod assuring him it was going to be fine.

"Come on now, don't be shy. We don't have all day." Jerome joked. Jeremiah frowned at him as he slowly started walking towards the stage. He got eye contact with Elena and she smirked.

"It's activated, just let them get a little closer." Lucius whispered to Jim and Elena noticed. Jim took up his walkie and said something she couldn't read, but something was up. Discretely she looked up at all the posts the cops were hiding in with their snipers and smirked. They could hide all they wanted, they had nothing on them. As Jeremiah got closer Jerome leaned forward with a sinister look.

"Hi, brother." Jerome said and Jeremiah kept frowning and he tightened his fists..

"Now!"Lucius said and Jim instantly took up his walkie, so Elena did she same, only faster.

"Shoot them dead!" she said and then gunshots were heard all over the street which made everyone scream in horror. Jim and Lucius looked at each other before they glanced over at the stage. Elena was shaking her in disappointment.

"We had my guys take out the best vantage points earlier. So they've been watching your little SWAT team all day. But nice try tough." Jerome said as he and Elena looked at each other laughing at Jim.

"So now, brother dear, please join us on stage. It like a family reunion, eh?" Jerome said as he gave his father a hard pat in the shoulder that sent him forward. The goons grabbed Jeremiah and forced him into the chair and Elena placed the collar around his neck.

"You're just as much of a psychopath as he is!" Jeremiah spat at her. Elena just grinned as the leaned her hands and chin on his shoulder.

"What took you so long to figure that out? I'll tell ya you have the looks, but not the brains." she joked.

"No parent will ever admit it, but everyone's got their favorite. Right, dad?" Jerome said and he glanced down at his father.

"The one who cleans their room, does their homework, doesn't try to kill everybody. Little Mr. Perfect here," Jerome said and glanced at Jeremiah "Yeah. He was that guy. He got adopted by rich folks. Went to the top schools, then, a top college. Meanwhile, I got dragged through the circus by my depressed alcoholic mother. Forced to clean up elephant dung every day." Jerome said and Elena growled at both Jeremiah and Paul.

"An father of the year here, he let things be like that. Cause of course what a crime it would be to actually do something for your other son." Jerome said as he walked around his father. He grabbed the duck tape and ripped it off in a quick move. Paul groaned before he inhaled.

"You, you are nothing but a curse up on Gotham! Your only legacy will be death and madness!" He screamed in anger. Jerome was quiet for a second before ginned. He leaned forward and whispered something into his ear.

"Oh but here's what you don't know. He's as crazy as I am." Jerome said and Paul started twitching as he tried to jerk his hands loose. Jerome stepped away and Elena approached him.