Start of something new

Mason

The next morning felt different I didn't roll over trying to muster strength to get up. Instead of that I hopped out of bed and smiled from ear to ear. I brushed my teeth hopping up and down. I felt like a kid again. For the first time in forever I feel truly happy. After getting dressed and containing myself I ran out of my room and into my car starting it immediately. I drove as fast as I could to school.... (yes I was speeding.) I really wanted to see carter but how will I tell my friends? I had to force that out as I pulled up into the school parking lot. Carter was standing by the doors of the school in his adorable off centered way. He was talking to yvonne and Mykah probably about how they hate school. I then step out of my car and walk towards him. I felt like everyone had eyes on me. Did they know? Did Carter tell them? No. I can't think of him like that he would never do that. I have to change my attitude to be with him. As I step into the sidewalk I feel like I'm trudging. I feel like I'm being judged. I can't see anyone looking at me but I feel the world is staring at me. I keep trying to walk to carter but I feel he's moving farther away. I begin to pick up my pace and reach the stairs where carter is.

"Hey" he says shifting his gaze to me.

"Hi carter" I say twiddling my fingers.

"About last night... I do like you.... but for your safety and mine Lets keep it secret."

"Ok I understand" I say my heart feeling heavy.

"I really don't want to but its for safety." He says eyes slightly dulling.

"I understand."

The bell rang and it was time for us to go to class. I really don't want to leave his side but I do have the same class with him. I looked away trying to act as if I wasn't paying attention. Within seconds him and his friends left and for some reason I felt my heart break. My eyes watered up for a bit until I heard the door open and quick footsteps towards me.

"Oh.... I forgot something."

He stood on his tip toes and kissed me. I don't know which is better the fact he's kissing me or the fact he's on his tip toes. He then released and went into the school holding open the door for me. I then quickly walked in and put on my game face. Carter rolled his eyes as he walked past me as he did everyday.

"I hate you." Carter yells at me.

"I hate you too nerd." I say failing to not smile.

We both step into our class and give each other a light punch. We both sat down trying to hide smiles and somewhat suceeding. Carter put his head down immediately to avoid eye contact. I couldn't stop staring I tried to pay attention for once but my eyes would not leave his body.

Carter

"He's staring isn't he?" I ask yvonne as she quietly shakes her head.

My cheeks turned red and I buried my head in my arms. I felt so happy that I'm dating mason. I just wish he could hide his happiness better. Its like he's seven he can't stop smiling. Its cute but he needs to tone it down. As the teacher got up I shifted my gaze to meet her as masons I guess never moved. The teacher paced the room as she taught which of course made me nervous. I wondered if she was going to tell us why today she decided to move around.

"Welcome back carter...... and class it has come to my attention there is a couple in this class." She says as the entire classes heads shot up. "I hope this doesn't interfere with their work."

I looked behind me to see Masons eyes big and slightly darted.

"What...... I didn't do this." I mouthed to him as his fists tighten.

"Then who did?" He mouths back

"I don't know maybe its another couple." I mouth back.

"Ok well lets try something new.... wanna tell people"