Just us

Mason

We pull up to our unknown destination and hop out the car. I can tell that carter is confused. Instead of telling him what's going on I put a blindfold around his eyes. The sudden dark made him tense up but relaxed when I grabbed his hand. I then set him back in the car and back up until we are on the building we are staying at. I then put lead him to our date and take the blindfold off. There in front of us was a closed tent in the middle of a very large feild. Next to the tent was the car and in front was the rock cirlce for fire.

"Awww Mason I love it." Carter says hugging me.

"That's not all, look inside."

He went inside to see pillows and blankets all over the ground. Next to the door was a cooler full of drinks and a bag full of snacks but the most important part was the tv on the other side of the tent.

"Uh Mason.... how are we supposed to watch this?"

"Oh there's a cord that runs outside that goes to the car."

After saying that I grabbed the cord and plugged in the cord to the car charger. I then climbed into the tent to see the clearly comfortable carter. I Climb in and see if the tv works. Thank God it works. I then put in a movie and crawl up to Carter.

Carter

Mason is just unbelievably sweet, not only did he run after me in the rain but he set up this perfect date. He crawls up to me and we lay slightly awkward. The movie started playing and we were really far apart. I could tell Mason felt awkward because I could see it in his eyes. As the movie went on I kept looking over to see the same look in his eyes. In a bold move to make us comfortable I snuggle up to him and cover us up. I put my face into his shirt and could feel a blush coming. When I looked up Mason had the biggest smile I've ever seen. He didn't look down but I could tell he could see me. We stayed in that position as the cold air swayed the tent. Halfway through the movie Mason got up and rifled through the food and drinks.

"Do you want anything?"

"Sure anything will do."

Mason returns with chips and two sodas. I moved over for him to lay back down and he flings me back to him.

"Don't leave me alone." Mason says as he looks down at me.

"I would never do that Mason, I love you too much."

"I love you more." Mason says as he tickles my sides.

As I giggle he keeps chucking and my face turns pink. The blankets are all rustled up and the food is now everywhere. He continues to tickle me as my hands try to block himand my body rolls around. Tears form in my eyes and finally he stops. We both look at each other with a shimmer in our eyes. We continue to stare until it begins to rain.

"I'll be back... I didn't think it would rain... I'm going to move the tv." Mason says as he picks up the small box tv.

I didn't wait for him to ask me to help I just helped. I jumped out of the tent and opened the trunk so he could shove the tv, dvd player and cords in the back. When he was done we ran into the tent and zipped it up.

"Well this date went south fast.... I'm sorry."

"Don't be.... we watched tv, we're camping and I'm with you. If we had to leave right now I wouldn't care because at least you tried to make things perfect and for me trying to make things perfect is perfect." I say grabbing his hand and interlocking our fingers.

Mason didn't speak, all he did was look at me with love in his eyes. At that point he pulled me close into a tight hug. The hug lasted for a long time but I didn't mind. In his arms I felt loved, secure, and safe.

"I love you Mason." I say taking in his cologne.

"I love you too." He says finally releasing me.

He must have seen me shiver because he pulled the blanket around me as we talked. This was the first time we ever connected on a much deeper level. The had passed just as fast as it had come. The sun was setting and it was still raining but we didn't care. This date may have a hiccup but it was perfect. My man is the sweetest. We talked long after the sun went down. By the time we were done talking we were exhausted. Without hesitation we jumped under the blankets, turned off the lantern and went to bed. While laying there I felt something was missing. A warm force not with me. A certain person not around me. In the blink of an eye the force was there. I turned over to see masons shadow next to me. In an act of love I snuggled up to him and laid my head on his chest. Seconds had past and we were both asleep our breathing in sinc.... what a great guy I have.

CRACK