Chapter 2

"Thanks for letting me stay here for awhile mom."

Jade thanked her mother as she walked out of the front door of her mom's house.

"Its no problem sweetie, her mom. She chirped.

She gave her mom a warm hug then she carried the last box of her stuff to her car got in and waved goodbye to her mom as she pulled out of the driveway and made her way to her new apartment.

Its been two months now since she heard or seen Nate he tried to contact her a few times after everything that happened but she just promptly blocked his number.

Even though she was done with Nate she was still hurt by what happened.

She pulled up to her new apartment and started taking her stuff up the stairs pulled out her key and opened the door to her new apartment she looked around the apartment it wasn't fancy or anything like that but its decent on a bartender's salary.

As she was unpacking her things she looked at the time it was already four in the afternoon and she had to be at work in a few hours so she decided to take a break and take a nap before work.

Hours later her room was pitch black as she was awakened by her phone alarm she sat up in her bed for a minute allowing her eyes to adjust to the dark apartment.

Then she slowly got out of bed then made her way over to her bedroom light switch and flipped it then she walked up to the front of the darkened apartment and turned on the lights.

After that, she went back to her room and made her way to the shower and started getting ready for work. Once she finished her shower she emerged from the bathroom steam came from behind her.

She went over to her closet and pulled out a black dress and slid it on after she finished getting dressed for work she looked at her phone it was nine thirty. She was glad she still had time since she still had an hour before she had to go to work.

After a few minutes, she finally made her way to her front door and walked out of her apartment and went to her car.

"Hey baby!" she some guy yelled from the driver's seat of a blue car.

Jade rolled her eyes and ignored him as she stood by her car and pulled her key out and started to get into her car.

"Fuck You then stuck up Bitch!" he shouted and then sped off.

She stared up her car and made her way to work.

The parking lot was packed as she pulled up to a bar called Silver Lounge.
Once she found a spot she parked got out and walked inside.

Loud music was bumping through the place, smoke filled the air.

She walked passed girls who were serving bottles.

Tonight was going to be a busy night since its the weekend.

Jade barely made it to the bar before people started to come her way for drinks but like the Jem, it's easy for her to catch people's eyes.

As the night went she kept making drinks, taking orders, and collecting tips.

A man in a black suit walked up to her.

"One whiskey on the rocks, he ordered as he pulled out some cash and handed it to her.

She grabbed a glass and started and poured his drink and handed it to him.

He looked at her as he took a sip this guy was one of Jades regular everytime she worked.

After he was done.

"Can I ask a question?" he asked with a grin on his face.

Jade shook her head.

"I'm not interested in stripping or being an escort," that was her nice way of saying it.

Every time she serves this guy he always tries to ask her something she used to men asking if she was interested in being a stripper or an escort.

The man chuckled.

"I wasn't going to ask,"that he grinned.

Jade raised her eyebrow.

"What are you trying to ask?" Jade questioned him over the music.

He went into his wallet and pulled out a black and white card and handed it to her.

She held it up and looked at it, it was a business card.

"I'm an event planner and there is this big seminar tomorrow and the girl who was supposed to bartend can't make it so the job is yours if you want."

She looked at him.

"I don't know," she said as she tilted her head and thought about it.

"It's only for a few hours and it pays three thousand dollars."

"I'll think about it," she told him.

"Well you have my card just call me by tomorrow morning and let me know if you're interested." he said

Then he left her a tip walked off into the dimmed club.