Chapter 31

Jacob was sitting in his office on his computer when there was a knock on his door.

"What," he huffed

His assistant popped her head through the crack of the door.

"There's someone here to see you, Mr. Johnson."

"Ok send them in," he ordered rolling his eyes.

She nodded and walked off.

Jacob went back to working on his computer when the door opened again.

"You only have ten minutes so make it quick," he said not even looking away from his computer screen.

"Hello to you too Jacob," he heard a familiar voice said causing him to look up to see the last person he wanted to see.

"Scratch that you only have ten seconds," he glared at his mom.

"Jacob, please let's just talk," she said walking to his desk.
\
"Whatever Darline," he said

"So how are things,' she asked.

"Fucking great if you just came to check up on me your six years too late."

She looked at him

"Sweetie...

"Its Mr. Johnson to you Darline he sneered.

She sighed but not surprised by his reaction.

"Why are you here he asked annoyed.

"Because I just want to talk to you about giving me another chance to be in your life and my future grandbabies life."

"Well too bad you fucked that up Darline," He snapped.

"Look I know I wasn't the best mother..."

"You were a shitty mother!" he scowled.

She looked down.

"I know but just give me another chance."

"Why should I?"

"Because I've changed and I finally got clean."

"How many times have I heard that before," Jacob said sitting back in chair rolling his eyes.

"I get it you have every right to be upset with me, but all I ask give me another chance for your daughters."

He narrowed his eyes.

"My daughters will never be a coke whore like you."

He stood up and walked over to the door and opened it.

She turned to look at him.

"Now get the fuck out of my office," He ordered.

Saying nothing, she got up and walked by him standing in front of the door.

"Please just think about it."

I thought about it, and the answer is no he said closing the door in her face.

Jade was at home with her mom sitting on the couch going through the piles of baby gifts since everything was out to the blogs now companies were sending gifts to Jade and Jacob from Luis Vuitton to Amazon. Some were hoping to do product placement with them.

Jade was going through another gift set

"So how are things with you and Jacob?" her mom asked.

"Things are going good between us."

"And how are the girls doing," she asked rubbing Jade's belly.

"They are doing good, but the doctor said I need to cut down on my stress."
\
Her mom was quiet for a minute.

"What is it," Jade asked raising her brow.

"I wanted to ask if you and Jacob would come over for Thanksgiving?"

"Who is all going to be there?" Jade asked.

"Me, your dad, Crystal..."

"That's instant no," Jade said shaking her head.

"I know you and Crystal have issues but..."

"Ms. Jade there is someone at the door for you Benson Jacob's butler said walking into the room."

Jade got up not caring if Jehovah witness were out the door she wanted to get out of what her mom was trying to tell her.

"Ok I'll get it,' Jade slowly got up and made her way to the door she opened it to see an older woman with long brown hair smiling at her.

"I'm not interested in beauty products or buying wrapping paper for your child's school."

The woman shook her head.

"Hello I'm Darline Jacob's mom you must be Jade," she held out her hand.

Jade just looked at her like she was crazy and the woman slowly put her hand down.

She pulled out a pink card.

"Heres my number please tell Jacob to call when he gets the chance."

"I'll be sure to do that," Jade said dryly as she took the card from the lady and closed the front door.

What y'all think of Jacob's Mom?

Should Jade and Jacob go to her parents for Thanksgiving?