Chapter 38

"Are they here yet?!" Jacob exclaimed as he ran into the hospital room.

Jade was laying in her hospital bed her watermelon sized stomach was covered in wires. She was surrounded by her parents, Nate and a nurse.

"Oh my god please don't yell!" Jade snapped already irritated.

"Don't worry everything's fine we just induced labor not too long ago." The nurse explained.

"So does that mean she will be having the babies today?" Jacob asked.

"It could take a few hours or couple days." The nurse told him then looked at Jade.

"I will be back in a little while to check how far you dilated," the nurse told her then left the room.

The room was silent except for the background noise coming from the tv.

Jacob just stood there placing his hands in his pockets feeling as if he was on trial standing before a jury.

Hours  later

Jade has been in labor for five hours now her parents left earlier to pick up Gia from daycare. It was just Nate and Jacob in the room.

"How you feeling," Jacob asked

"You need anything Nate asked.

Jade shook her head the roaring pain in the lower half of her body was draining her.

"I'm fine I'm gonna try to close my eyes and get some rest. She told them wanting to avoid any drama. The truth was no matter how hard she tried to ignore the fact. Having her ex-fiancé and current fiancé in the same room and about to give birth to both of their babies. Just felt very awkward.

Jade laid back and closed her eyes.

It was already late Jacob and Nate were also very tired, but both were trying to keep their eyes open.

Jacob stood up and placed his hands in pockets and made his way out of the room.

As he was walking down the hall, Nate caught up to him.

"Where are you going?" Nate questioned.

Jacob turned around and looked at him.

I'm going to get some air. I'll be right back he said to Nate as he walked out the front doors of the hospital.

Later Nate was still sitting in the room with Jade who was successfully asleep the induction was moving pretty slow.

He looked at his phone and Jacob was still gone.

The door opened, and Jacob slowly crept into the room.

Nate glared at him

"Where you been." He scowled trying not to be too loud.

Jacob scratched his head.

"I told you I just went out to get some air."

"Don't lie Man I know what you been doing."

"Look I told you I wasn't doing anything Jacob said defense.

Nate got up and walked up to him.

"What the fuck are you doing Jacob asked confused.

Nate looked him dead in his eyes which were dilated.

He shook his head.

"Please tell me you're not serious."

Jacob looked at him

"What are your talking about?"

"Can I talk to you outside Nate said nodding his head at the door.

"Sure why not Jacob shrugged as they walked out of the room into the hallway.

"Are you fucking serious Jade is in there about to give birth at anytime and your high."

"I'm not High Jacob denied.

"Bullshit your eyes look like frying pans," Nate told him.

Jacob sighed

"It's not what you think...I was just really tired, and I need some kick to stay awake and alert."

"So get some coffee or a Red Bull don't just go for the coke."

"You do coke too Jacob said raising his brow.

"Yea But I'm not addicted like you are."

Meanwhile in the room, Jade was laying in the bed she woke up to see both Jacob and Nate were gone.

She was about to pull out her phone when a nurse walked into the room along with the doctor.

"How momma feelin," the doctor asked."

"Tired," Jade muttered.

"Well, we got some good news and bad news."

"Which is..."

The doctor looked at her.

"The good news is your going to be a momma soon.."

The door opened Jacob and Nate entered the room noticing the doctor.

"What's going on Jacob asked rubbing his nose.

"Well I was just telling Ms. Lewis here that she's going to be having the babies very soon via C-section. " the doctor explained.

Jade's eyes widened.

"Wait.. what is that safe Jade asked surprised.

"I assure you everything will be fine the nurse will start getting you prepped for surgery." The doctor said leaving the room.

The nurse looked at Jade, Nate, and Jacob.

"So who is going to be in the room with you?" the nurse asked.

"What do you mean?" Jade asked.

"Only one person is allowed to be in the room with you.." the nurse explained to her.

Was Jacob high?

Was Nate right for confronting him?

Who will Jade choose to be in the room during the delivery?