CHAPTER 10: She Can't Swim?

ZANE

This is the second time that Midnight and I have been interrupted. However, at least this time we got further than the last. In which I'm sure that we might have gone further along if it wasn't for the knocking. My wolf definitely was sad and it looked like Midnight was a bit frustrated and disappointed also.

When I answered the door, I saw it was one of my pack members and he looked at Midnight and I with a grin.

I just rolled my eyes and took Midnight's hand while assuring her we'd pick up where we left off after the bonfire. 

Once we got to the fire ring, I could see that everyone was already standing around waiting for us. 

I stood up in front of everyone as Midnight took a seat next to Stella and Kobey while watching me as I went over the plans for here to everyone.

"So as you all know, this is our training camp where we normally wait until the last month of training to put you to the test of what all you've learned. Which we still will do that but, there are still a few more things we need to teach all of you in just a couple of weeks. Then towards the end of the training, you'll all be put to the test. We'll give you scenarios and situations to see how you handle them. Including what to do while in the woods. While you're here, you'll also be helping us with some stuff that needs fixing." I finish informing them. "Now, I'd like for everyone to get some sleep. The rest of the training starts tomorrow." I finish up.

Some people begin walking off to their cabins while others stay by the fire.

Kobey and Stella head towards their cabin as me and Midnight do the same.

Once we got back inside the cabin, for some reason things seemed a little different. She looked nervous as she stood a few feet in front of me, biting her lower lip a little bit.

I smiled and walked up to her before gently caressing the side of her face with the back of my hand while looking into her eyes.

"Why don't we go to sleep." I suggest to assure her that I won't do anything that will cause her discomfort.

She nods in agreement and after she gets into the bed, I walk over to the couch after we say 'goodnight' and before I sit down, she stops me.

"Wait." She says.

"Yeah?" I reply as I turn and look at her.

"Will you lay with me?" She asks.

I smile and wear my tank and boxers in bed so that she doesn't see my scars and get freaked out. Then I get into bed beside her as she scoots over to make some room. Once I'm underneath the covers, she moves closer to me and I put my arm over her, give her a kiss on the top of her head and we fall asleep in each others arms.

*****************************************

For the next couple of days, her and I seem to be getting closer and have slept in each other's arms every night.

I loved being around her and I loved the way she made me feel. For the first time in my life I feel I deserve this. She makes me feel I'm worth so much, including love.

This morning was one of the most intense training we've done so far and so far, I can tell that most of the students have listened and have been doing good at practicing. So I decided to let them do whatever they wanted for the rest of the day. Especially since tomorrow they were gonna spend almost all day helping us paint one of the cabins.

We all decided to hang out by the water and relax. However, while Kobey and I were talking about what all we needed to get at the hardware store, I heard a splash and then screaming.....it was Midnight.

I look over and see everyone standing on the boat dock looking down at Midnight who looks to be struggling in the water.

I quickly run and push everyone out of the way as I dive in and grab her right before she goes under water.

Once I had her in my arms and swam us back, I stood up and picked her up bridal style and started carrying her to our cabin although not before I glared at everyone and told them through gritted teeth that I would talk to them later.

"Is she okay?" Stella asked concerned.

"Yeah. She'll be fine. I'm taking her back to the cabin. Get everyone back to their cabins and after dinner tonight, we're gonna have a  meeting with everyone." I tell her.

"Look, I know you're upset but..." She tries to defend what happened but my wolf and I wouldn't allow it.

"Don't!" I warn her. "Just do what I told you!" I tell her before continuing back to the cabin.

Whoever was responsible for this was going to face consequences for doing that to my mate. Especially since she can't swim. Nobody hurts my mate.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Sorry it took a while for me to post a new chapter. However, I've been working on the first chapter for last book for 'When The Alpha Met His Luna.' So I will post the first two chapters on Sunday. However, I will be posting two chapters to this story tomorrow.  :)