CHAPTER 17: What Next?

MIDNIGHT

I was pacing back and forth in my room trying to think about what I had just done. How could I have done what I did and leave with my brother and his pack? I knew the punishment I would receive as soon as I got home.

As soon as I was pushed into the house by Aaron, I saw my father standing a few feet away from me, looking me up and down in disgust while sniffing the air.

"Ugh. You need to wash off that repulsing scent." He says to me with a lot of disgust. . Which I knew he meant Zane's scent.

"You sure it's me who needs to take a shower?" I snapped at him.

I could hear everyone gasp while he wastes no time stomping up towards me growling and pulling back my hair.

"What was that?!" He asks.

I know he's expecting me to cower but I won't. Not anymore. I'll figure out a way to escape this awful place.

He starts dragging me by my hair as I wince in pain and not knowing exactly where he's gonna take me.

Surprisingly, as I began thinking that maybe he might take me to the basement, Instead he dragged me upstairs and then felt him throw me hard into a room, causing me to catch myself on my bed.

"You're going to take a shower, then go downstairs and prepare dinner for everyone and afterwards, you will do whatever the hell we ask you to do, got it?!" He scowls at me.

"Is that how you plan to punish me now?" I challenge him with a smirk.

"Oh don't worry, you'll get your punishment after everything we have you do. So be sure to prepare yourself in losing sleep tonight because when I get done with you, you won't even want to take a shower you'll be in so much pain." He grins before turning around to leave.

"Fuck you!" I reply.

He then comes stomping up to me and slaps me really hard across my face so hard that it caused me to fall to the ground.

I won't let him see me cry. I will no longer allow him, my brother or any of the rest of the pack to see that ever again. From now on, I will forever remain as someone new. Someone confident and strong.

After my father closes the door and locks it from the outside, I start looking around and I see there's nothing that I can use as a weapon. Those assholes even took out lamps. Now all I have is the ceiling fan and light.

After searching for things to use for making a rope and still finding nothing, I sat on the bed and suddenly a flood of emotions came over me. Everything that has happened in the last several hours, was beginning to replay in my head. I began to cry. I didn't think I would but, I'm not sure in what I'm going to do to get out of here or even where I was going to go to. I had no one and nowhere I could escape to.

I placed my face in my hands and took in a few deep breaths and let it out while wiping my tears with the back of my hand and walking over towards the window.

I looked out and as I looked out at the woods, I began thinking about Zane. I know that what he said was fucked up and don't get me wrong, I'm still a little upset. But there's still a part of me that wants him. That longs to being in his arms again. Maybe it's the mate bond that's pulling me strong towards him but, I guess it doesn't matter now.

I shook my head 'no' and then decided to take a shower and let the warm water fall onto my skin and through my hair.

I tried to wash my face and winced at the pain as I began remembering my father had just hit me moments ago.

What have I become? What did I ever do to deserve this?

I started wrapping it up as I turned off the water, wrapped a towel around me and towel-dried my hair a little bit before opening the bathroom door and coming to a halt as soon as I hear a familiar voice.

"Midnight?" The voice said.

I closed my eyes in hopes that this was all just a dream and that it wasn't him. It couldn't be, he doesn't want me.

I opened up my eyes and there he was, now just a few feet away from me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while taking a step back.

"I've come to get you." He says.

"Why? I don't want you." I tell him although I obviously am hurting inside as well as my wolf too.

"We both know that isn't true. And I understand you're pissed off at me and you have every right to be. You even can never forgive me. I know that what I said was wrong and it's no excuse but I was really angry and I just, I don't know. I have no words. No excuses. I should have stopped you from going with your brother and I didn't. I was in shock at what you said and although I knew it wasn't true I just, froze. I fucked up badly and I want you to please give me another chance. At least just one more and if you decide that I'm still not good for you, then you can re.." He pauses for a brief moment. "You can reject me and I will leave you alone." He chokes out.

Is he for real? Is he really giving me permission to reject him?

"Come on. We both know he's our mate and that the Moon Goddess put us together for a reason." My wolf told me.

I close my eyes to stop the tears that were about to fall down and then looked back at Zane who had so much guilt and pain in his face. I could feel he was sorry.

"Well, I guess I should have told you sooner who my father and brother were." I tell him.

"No. It wouldn't have mattered. I mean I would have been pissed off but not at you. At them and I would have taken care of them sooner. I never would have been upset with you." He tells me as he steps closer towards me and lifts my chin up to look into his eyes. "I know I fucked up and I'm a dumb ass and an asshole at times but I promise, I will try and be the best mate that you deserve. I just want that last chance." He asks with pleading eyes.

A smile begins to tug at the corners of my mouth as I wrap both my arms around his neck and his hands are around my waist as we lean in and kiss each other.

We don't get a chance to enjoy it once we hear a loud and forceful knocking on the door.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Duh duh duh.......Hmm, wonder if they'll be able to get out or not.