CHAPTER 15: I'm Sorry.....Goodbye

MIDNIGHT

Once Zane left to talk with Kobey and his sister, I stayed with the students and had them work on attacking each other in different scenarios. 

After they were all done, I figured they should go and rest since they had been training for the past five hours straight with very little breaks. 

Almost an hour had passed since Zane left to talk with Kobey. I tried to mind-link him to make sure everything was alright but he never answered. So I decided to go and make sure everything was alright. 

I'm not someone who eavesdrops but when I was getting ready to knock on the office door, I overheard my brother's name being mentioned. 

As I pressed my ear against the door to get a better listen, I heard things that I had wished I didn't. Although the one that hurt me the most was hearing my mate, accuse me of knowing my family's intentions with him and his pack. My heart shattered in a million pieces in that moment. 

Right when I began believing I had made it in escaping my father and brother that helped me find my mate as well, he didn't believe me. 

I was mad, I was frustrated but more than anything, I was hurt. So I quickly put my hand  over my mouth to keep from sobbing really loud while ignoring the tears that began falling down my face. Then I went back to the cabin. When I got inside, I locked the door, sat down on the bed and sobbed in my hands. 

I feel like an idiot for allowing myself to believe that things would change for the better and that my family would just leave me alone. I mean, I thought I gave them what they wanted by leaving and them never having to 'put up with me.'

After crying for several minutes, I heard the most dreaded voice I had hoped to never hear again....My brother. 

"Funny you should ask. I'm actually here for my sister. I believe you know her, Midnight?" He says. 

Well, I guess that's my cue. fuck my life.

I take in a deep breath and let it out before stepping outside. I know what I need to do. I have brought Zane's family their worst enemy and he has found the one place that Zane doesn't want many to know about. I know there will be a fight soon and I can't allow Stella, Kobey, the students or even my mate to get hurt over me. 

Despite what I overheard my mate say about me, deep down inside, I still love him. I don't know, maybe it's the mating bond that's making me feel this way towards him and less frustrated. Either way, at least for Stella's and Koby's sake, I needed to protect them. 

"Aaron!" I call out to Aaron while walking up beside Stella. 

"Well, hello sis. We've all been worried about you." He pretends to care. 

"Cut the bullshit, I  know why you're here and that you, dad and the pack haven't missed me. And even if you did, it's only because you haven't found a new servant to beat and torture." I glare at him as he looks at me surprised for talking back to him. 

"Weellll....Look what we have here guys. My sister has gotten more brave." He mocks. 

All of his pack begins to laugh. 

"Still looks pathetic as hell though." His Beta remarks. 

"I know why you're here." I tell him. 

"Of course you do. I know you aren't that stupid." He smirks. 

"And I'll go with you. But you have to promise not to hurt anyone here. Not Zane, Stella, the students or anyone." I tell him. "If you promise not to do that, then I will go back with you without a fight." I tell him as I held back my tears while at the same time, fear began to grow inside of me as I knew what I'd be going back to. 

"Oh I know you will." Aaron grins. 

I close my eyes for a brief moment before looking over at Stella trying to hide the hurt I was feeling rising in my throat before starting to sound as convincing as possible as I told her the lie I was about to. 

"What the hell are you doing? You don't have to go back." She says. 

"Yes I do. I'm the reason he's here." I tell her. 

"What? He's not taking you with him." She says sternly. 

"Yes, he will. Because after all, I came here to do one thing and I did it. I told you I ran away from my abusive father and brother. But the truth is, I came to get information on your pack and Zane." I say the last part as I make eye contact with Zane. 

The look on his face is killing me as I try and remain strong while his face has guilt displayed all over it. He now knows I heard and I can tell he feels bad. 

"Midnight, I was wrong...." He begins to apologize but I stop him. 

"Save it. I don't really love you. I never did. And like I said, I got everything I needed." I tell him before looking back at my brother. "Ready?" I ask him.

Everyone from the pack, including Zane's pack, him, the students, Stella and Kobey looked at me speechless and surprised. 

"Yeah. Let's get out of here." He smiles. 

"Aren't you forgetting something?" I asked him. 

"Oh, right." Aaron begins to tell Zane. "I Aaron Kingsley, hereby swear to not bring harm ever to Zane, his pack or his family." 

"Eh-hmm." I cleared my throat. 

"Oh and I swear not to hurt his students neither." He states. 

I nod in agreement and don't even look at Stella, Zane and them as I know I'll break down and cry and they'll know that I was lying. This was for the best. This was my destiny all along. 

Even though it was for a moment in my life that I will never forget, I loved my mate. I loved Stella and Kobey and everyone in the pack that I had met. It would have been nice to be their Luna but, I guess sometimes, things don't always work out the way you want them to. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) 

Okay, before you kill me and think badly even more about Zane, wait until the next chapter before making your decision. I know that I was gonna have you wait til this chapter to like Zane again, but decided to go a different way. I love you guys! :)