12.

"Baby, I couldn't be better," I smile.

He pulls me into a hug and I just cry in his chest.

"I hate him so much. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to kill him but I just thought of my sister and my mom and you. I don't wanna be like him, Dallas. I don't," I dug my nails into his back, feeling my hands shaking and my heart beating harshly.

"Hey, it's okay. You're not going to be like him. I promise," Dallas runs his fingers throughout my hair and comforts me.

"But I look like him. I fight like him. I drink like him. There are so many things about me that are like him."

"You aren't your dad. You're nothing like him. You are sweet and kind and caring and if you ever had children, you would be the best dad there ever was. Now, you shouldn't waste your tears on him. Let's get you home so your mom and sister can know you're okay."

He dragged me back to the car and I just held his hand, feeling comforted by it and his presence.

-

"Kieth!" My mom runs out of the house in her slippers and tackles me in a hug.

"Are you okay??" She examines my face and I just kiss her forehead

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad you're okay. I love you so much," she whispers into the hug.

"It's okay mom, I love you too."

"Allison is inside. Do you boys want a drink and some lunch?" She asks, glancing between the two of us.

I gasp, "I haven't even introduced you two! Mom, this is Dallas, he's my boyfriend. Dallas this is my mom," I giggle.

They both just smile to each other and Dally holds his hand out to shake my moms but she just shakes her head and pulls him into a hug.

"So whaddya say Dally? Wanna have a lunch with the family?" I move my eyebrows up and down and laugh.

He smiles brightly, "that'd be great, thank you Ms.Mathews."

She giggles, "you can call me Sarah or mom, it doesn't matter."

"Okay," he says still smiling but awkwardly.

I take his hand in mine and pull him inside to the kitchen.

•How was this? Updates might be slower now that I'm gonna start school Tuesday, sorry about that•