9

the next day

"We're going to pick Vanessa up from school" I announced, walking quickly away from Kathy as she froze in the kitchen, as if not believing it.

"Do you want her to kill me- absolutely not-" she ran, catching up to Ashton and I quickly, standing in front of the store.

"This can't happen-" "it's just driving her home, she'll be fine" I spoke, seeing her eyes widen.

"The last time I told myself that Vanessa would be fine around men, she ended up hospitalized from an anxiety attack, that can't happen-" "baby her surgery is tomorrow and we haven't even told her about it, she's been around us for the past two weeks, she's going to be fine and if she's not we will wait for you and you can come meet us and ride with us home" I compromised, seeing her sigh.

"Text her and tell her we're coming, I love you" I kissed her head, Ashton and I leaving her in the living room as we walked to my car.

We drove to her private school, Ashton and I both a little thrown off by how nice it was, they could probably buy a fucking three story house, in a nice neighborhood for the price of the tuition of this school.

We waited patiently.

Vanessa

Luke and Ash are picking you up, sorry baby

I re-read the text message five times before I actually walked out of the school, searching for Luke's car.

Was I excited?

No.

But I wasn't scared, which was a weird feeling.

I eventually spotted them, going to the car and carefully getting in as I exhaled.

"Hey" I spoke first, looking to their smiles.

"Hey, how was school?" Luke asked.

I gave a small nod, "not bad"

"I'm sure you're wondering why we picked you up" Ashton spoke, glancing to me.

"Maybe a little" I laughed out, seeing him smile in response.

"We've gotta talk about the fluid in your spine"

After a fifteen minute car ride home, I sat there, even more unhappy and now nervous for tomorrow.

"You haven't said anything" Luke spoke, looking back to me as he parked, his eyes resting on me.

"Nothing to say" I barely spoke.

I opened the door, hearing a quick

"Vanessa, stop", making me look to him

"I can promise you that you're going to be more than perfect and not one of us are going to hurt you, it all stops if you say so"

"And you're going to be in there?" I shot towards him

"Michael and Calum will me, Ashton and I will stay with your mom-" "I want you in there"

Luke has been the only one to fully enforce that he isn't going to hurt me, if I had to trust any of them, it was going to be him.

Later in the night we were all watching movies together, no one talking- us all zoned purely into the movie.

Around midnight we all decided to go to bed, Luke and my mom walking me to my room.

"No drinking or eating, okay?" Luke spoke as my mom hugged me.

I nodded, understanding why before crawling into bed.

"I'll see you in the morning"

Luke.

Like normal, we were running late,

We had her surgery scheduled for seven therefore we needed to be at the hospital for five to start prepping and it was currently fourty five and Michael had yet to put pants on.

"Luke, you're ready?" Kathy questioned as she fixed her hair quickly.

I gave a nod

"Please go wake up Vanessa, make sure you tell her we're rushing because she will certainly take her time"

I ran to Vanessa's room, seeing a lump in the bed, no movement or noise besides the fan.

"Hey sunshine" I spoke, moving in and gently rubbing her back.

"We gotta get up, everyone's running late" I spoke quietly, feeling her shift lightly, surprisingly not moving away from my touch.

Her face went straight into the pillow, making me laugh,

"Where'd your face go?" I questioned- hearing her hum.

"I haven't seen those pretty eyes yet" I spoke, pushing hair behind her ear.

"Tired" she spoke out, making me hum.

"You'll get some rest soon, but we gotta go baby" I spoke, seeing her slowly stretch, turning onto her back as she did.

Her eyes fluttered, opening and meeting mine.

"There's those pretty eyes I was looking for" I smiled, seeing her almost grey eyes as she blinked lightly.

Slowly she got up, brushing her teeth and brushing her hair.

"You don't need make up, the nurses are going to just take it off of you if you put it on" I spoke as she grabbed what I thought was mascara

"But my dark circles" she spoke tiredly, turning to me.

"You're tired, you're going to be even more tired by the end of the day. We all have dark circles, be like us and embrace them"

I stood outside as she changed hearing little stumbles and a few  "fuck"s dropped throughout the few moments it took.

I walked with her downstairs, seeing michael tying his shoes- which was timed perfect.

We took two cars, Michael, Vanessa, Kathy and I in one, Calum and Ashton in the other.

I sped to the hospital, and thanks to my great driving skills, we made it just on time.

We walked her straight to her room, taking all of her vitals, ensuring that she hadn't ate or drank before we all looked to each other, knowing we were good to go.