Calm Her Down

Author's note: short update, but I wanted to get it out to all of you :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Lindsay kept me out of the kitchen all day. She made me stay upstairs and clean while she cleaned the kitchen. She was nervous about having me anywhere near knives. I was sweeping the floor of Jared's room when I heard a scream.

"Please," a female voice cried. "Please, let me go."

I dropped the broom and ran down the stairs. Jared was pulling a girl into the kitchen. She was screaming and clawing at Jared's arms while he dragged her across the floor. Her hands were covered in blood, and she was smearing it onto Jared.

Was this another girl that they were bringing into the family? Was Lindsay so paranoid that Gabe got Jared another girl? I should have been more subtle when looking at the knives. They were going to kill me and replace me with this girl.

I jumped and let out a scream when someone put their arm around me. I looked to see that it was Lindsay. I clutched at my chest when I saw the worry in my eyes. They were really going to kill me all because of these knives.

Theo came into the house. He grabbed one of the wooden chairs out of the dining room and pulled it into the kitchen. Jared was holding the girl next to the large shower curtain that hung in the far side of the kitchen. Theo pulled the chair next to Jared. He threw her into the chair, and her down as Theo grabbed coils of rope from under the sink. They tied the girl down to the chair as she tried to escape from the restraints.

Gabe had restrained me to the bed after he had kidnapped me. They had to get a girl for Theo, but they said that it wasn't for a few years. They were replacing me with this girl. They were going to kill me. I was never getting out of this.

"Don't cry, sweetheart," Lindsay said.

I didn't realize that the tears were rolling down my cheeks. I sucked in a deep breath. Lindsay tightened her hold around me. Jared looked over his shoulder to see us standing across the kitchen.

"Look at what you did," Jared told the girl. "You upset, Leah."

Lindsay let go of me as Jared walked over to us. He grabbed my shoulders, and I grabbed fistfuls of his shirt. His eyes widened in surprise by my action.

"Please," I begged him. "Please, you can't kill me. I am so sorry. Please, I'll do anything you want."

Jared raised an eyebrow.

"Kill you?" he asked. "I would never kill you."

"You won't?" I asked.

"No, of course not," he said. "I love you so much, Leah. I am always going to protect you. I would never kill you."

I let go of Jared's shirt and wrapped my arms around his neck. He stumbled back before wrapping his arms around me. I couldn't believe that I was hugging him, but I was so overwhelmed with relief that I could not control myself.

The girl screamed again, and I pushed Jared away from me. Gabe came into the kitchen. He had another girl tossed over his shoulder. The girl's limbs were bouncing with every step Gabe took. The girl cried harder when she saw her friend. Gabe turned and I saw the blood pouring off of the girl's forehead.

"I'm going to bring Leah upstairs with me," Jared said.

"No, you're not," Gabe said. "Leah has to see this. The sooner the better."

Jared nodded his head. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the dining room. He picked up one of the chairs and brought it into the kitchen. He set it down right in front of the shower curtain. He sat down and pulled me down onto his lap. He tightened his arms around me into a crushing hold.