Chapter 31

Three months later

Alice's POV

It's been three months now since Clyde told me about him going to Italy. At first, I thought I'll miss him for I still have feelings for him, but as days passed by, I never felt the emptiness that I was expecting. Yes, he's contacting me but I really don't feel anything aside from the fact that everything inside me is at peace. Knowing that I'm in good terms with him makes my whole life perfect.

"Can I have a penny of your thoughts."

That's when I came back to my senses. I shake my head and look at the person standing just right in front of me. I immediately smiled at the person. "Calvin, what brings you here?" I asked as I straightened on my seat.

We are in my office right now. "To fetch you?" he replied making me nod.

For the past months, my friends are the ones that I've been hanging out with especially Calvin. I think he is the one who gives more time to me since Faye and Luke are busy with each other. Jordan, on the other hand is also busy with his work. He's been travelling around. While, Calvin always stayed with me everytime I need someone to accompany me. He even cancelled some of his schedules just to join me at certain events.

"You really don't need to do that. You're a busy person but you still give me time," I replied making him shake his head.

"I like doing what I'm doing. No need for you to tell me that I'm a busy person," he said.

"Calvin, I just don't want you to waste your time on me. I feel like you're giving me more time than your work."

Calvin smiled. Come on, who told you that? If there is something that is important to me, well, that's definitely my work. Nothing more, nothing less," he replied.

"Don't you have a plan to look for someone special?" I teasingly asked, making him smirk.

"Why would I? Women are the one's that are approaching me."

"The why don't you choose from them?"

"I don't like them. I only have an eye for someone," he replied making me nod.

Calvin has been a friend a mine but he never introduced someone to me or to his friends. "Well, good luck for that then."

"Yeah," he replied as smile flashes on his lips. I watched as he walks towards an empty side just near by my office door. "I'll wait for you to fix your things," he added.

"I'll just save my work and we're good to go," I replied.

Calvin nodded and pulled a magazine from the rack just inches away from him. When he put his attention on that magazine, I started to do what I needed to. I first saved what I'm doing on my computer. Once I'm done, I fixed my things. After making sure that I've put everything that I need on my sling bag, I stands up from my seat. "I'm done," I said.

Calvin raised his head and smile at me. He then closed the magazine that he's been reading a while ago and put it back to where he got it.

I watch as he stands up from his seat. "You sure everything is good?" he asked making me nod.

"We're good to go," I replied.

"Ladies first," he said as he gestured me to go first. I just smiled at his action. Calvin is a real gentleman and that's what I love about him.

That thought alone made me stop on my track. Did I just say love? I silently ask myself. All of a sudden, I put my palm over my chest. That's when I feel my heart beating fast. 'Damn, why is my heart reacting this way?' I asked myself.