Chapter 33

Alice's POV

"Oh my gosh, you're finally together?" asks Faye unbelievably as she stares at me.

We are in my office here at my boutique. Faye is just sitting beside me at the couch intended for my visitors. "Yes we are," I replied. This is the tenth time that she asked me that question as if it's really unbelievable for me and Calvin to be together.

"Luke, I told you! They're soon be couples and yet you're telling me that it's impossible," she blurted out as she turned her head to face Luke who is sitting at an empty chair at the corner of my office.
"And you! You're fast huh," she added as she points a finger towards Calvin who sitting on my swivel chair.

"Hey, I courted her and her parents," Calvin replied as he raises his hands in the air.

"Are you really happy with him?" asks Faye to me.

I looked at Calvin who comfortably sitting on my swivel chair. Am I really happy with him? "Of course I am. I'm in love and I'm loved."

Faye nodded. "I'm happy for you friend. I know that you've finally found your happiness and I hope this will take you to a better place," she said as she pats my shoulder.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Look, I'm happy for you guys okay. I'm a friend of yours and whatever makes you happy, I support the both of you. But, how can you tell Clyde about this?" asks Luke out of nowhere.

Of course, how could I forget the fact that Luke is Clyde's cousin. Even if he is a friend, we can't deny the fact that he maybe thinking about how cruel we are, dating under his cousin's nose. "

"I'll face him," replied Calvin.

Luke nodded and smiled. "Wow! I really didn't expect this kind of twist of life. Imagine, my asshole cousin once married you but ended up fucking it up. Now, that he lost you, he is doing anything in his power to have you back. Too bad, you fell for someone who deserves you more," he said.

"Are you not going to atleast side your cousin?" asks Faye.

Luke shakes his head. "I don't want to lie so... Yeah, whatever is happening, he deserves it. And, I'm seriously happy to see you both together and in love. You both deserve to be happy," he replied.

"Do I need to celebrate?" asks Calvin who is now leaning on the swivel chair.

Luke shakes his head. "Man, you don't need to. You still need to face Jordan and of course, that cousin of mine."

Calvin nodded. "Speaking of Jordan, he did call Alice yesterday when we're on our way to my parents house," says Calvin.

"And you told them about the news?" asks Faye.

"Yep," Calvin and I said in unison.

"What's his reaction?" she again asks.

"Wants to kill me," Calvin replied.

"He does," I replied.

"I'll pray for your soul," says Luke making me laugh.

We stayed in my office and talked. Well, we are all free and we used that time for us to talk. It's almost lunch when Faye and Luke decided to leave. Calvin on the other hand stayed.

"So, are you not busy Mr. Thompson?" I asked before putting the last bite of pizza in my mouth.

"I'll never be busy. I always have free time for you," replies Calvin as he walks towards me. He then sits beside me.

I was taken aback when he suddenly pulled me and sits me up on his lap. I smiled and voluntarily put my hands around his neck. "I've been wanting to have you alone," he said making me smile wider.