Chapter : 8

Aarav's Pov:

I don't understand why the circumstances are bringing her close to me when I'm actually trying to avoid her. I never expected to see her there. All I wanted to do was focus on my business but now I don't know how I'm going to handle everything when she will be there too. And being a financial analyst I'm sure she will be there in the meetings too. It was so stupid of me to add to her appreciation when Uncle introduced her as a hard working girl and even I agreed to it within no seconds.

I regret doing that. Because after what I said she must be thinking that I'm still the same stupid boy who has not moved on yet. Here I'm the one responsible for spoiling my own image.

"Why are you looking so tensed?” Aananya asked. Tensed? Is that what I'm looking like?

"I'm not."I replied fixing my tie.

"Bad liar.” She commented but I ignored it. Right now I was thinking about only one thing, should I attend the meeting or not? If I attend it I will have to see her and if I don't it will seem like I purposely avoided it because I'm weak and can't get over her.

"What's up with Sanjana?” She asked after some time. Sanjana! She has been acting so weird lately. Ignoring me all the time. Not replying to my messages.

"I don't know. But she is not talking with me." I replied. I was confused on what's the reason behind it when I tried to talk, she still had same excuses that she is busy. At some point even I stopped calling her and waited for her to call but she never did.

"Help me find the reason.” I said to Aananya and she nodded.

"Will you drop me to her house, now?” She asked and I agreed.

After getting ready, we made our way out of the house. I texted my secretary to inform her and others to go ahead and that I will join them after dropping Aananya. Luckily there was not much traffic, so soon I dropped her and started driving to the venue of meeting. Because of some reason they cancelled the meeting in their original office and now it was going to be held in some other location.

I reached to the address and saw our cars parked. It makes me so proud to the see my last name 'Deshmukh' on it. I feel myself very lucky that I have Deshmukh’s blood running in my veins. I looked at the building in front of me, the meeting!

Taking a deep breath, I promised myself that I will not let that girl affect me anymore. I will show her that I moved on.

Aashna's Pov:

Today is the day of meeting and I'm hell nervous about it. I'm supposed to give the presentation today, I was never afraid to give the presentations in fact I love presenting but now I had doubts if I will be able to present it properly knowing that Aarav is going to be there too. What If I forget everything and will not be able to speak a single word? No no... I can't let it happen.

I got ready and went to the place where meeting was going to be held. I was already a bit late and I don't want to make it worse by becoming more late so I drove as fast as I could and soon reached there. I parked my car and looked around to the parking area. Though I spotted the car with the name 'Deshmukh' on it, I didn't saw the car belonged to Aarav, the black one! All the other cars were in white and he being a big fan of the colour black, the bikes and cars he drove were always of black. The only question that came in my mind was, is he not attending the meeting?

Frankly speaking I got happy at my own question. I will love if he is not attending it. I damn wanted to confirm it so I hurriedly went in and as soon as I saw Ruhi, I took her with me and asked her whether she saw Aarav?

"Oh, someone is so excited to see him.” She teased.

"Shut up and answer my question.” I said sternly.

"Okay chill. I hate saying it but yes, he is not here yet. I don't think that he is attending the meeting.” She said a bit sadly and I felt like dancing.

"Thank you so much.” I said to her headed to the washroom. I fixed my hair and gave a little touch-up to my pre-applied makeup. Once I was sure about my look, I went to my colleagues and we discussed few things regarding the meeting before going in the boardroom.

I was very much confident, I worked really hard on this Presentation and I knew I will be able to give it properly, as what expected from me. We went inside the boardroom and greeted everyone. And Aarav was not there! Yes! Yes! Yes! When we were about to start the presentation the door knocked making me think who is it? What if Aarav came? No, please don't make it happen god. I prayed silently and when the door opened I was relaxed as it was not Aarav but it was his assistant.

"Where is he?” A man probably same as Aarav age or a year or two older than him asked his Assistant when she sat beside him, leaving the first chair empty.

"I don't know. He is not receiving the calls.” She said and kept her phone down. The man said something but I was not able to hear it as I was called my one of my colleague saying that she forgotten the Pen drive and I'm supposed to bring it. How can someone be so fool to forget the PD which contains the presentation? I stomped out of the room and got that Pen drive.

I was getting a call from mom so I decided to pick it and end it quickly as I knew everyone is waiting for me but on the other hand, I don't like rejecting her calls. I was supposed to end it soon but still she took full three minutes to end it.

As soon as the call ended, I kept it on silent mode and went towards the boardroom. I knocked the door and slowly opened it, only to see someone sitting on the first chair which was empty when I left earlier. Well I don't think I have to say 'someone' because even if the person's back is facing me, I can surely tell who the person is, Aarav! Why and when did he came here? Wasn't he happy wherever he was before coming here?

"She is here." Someone said but I didn't bothered to look at the person as my mind and eyes were struck at one and I hate myself for that. Slowly I went inside and felt everyone looking at me. I handled the Pen drive and looked at everyone but my eyes refused to look at anyone except for him.

What the hell Aashna, concentrate!

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.