CHAPTER 13

SAVANNAH'S POV:
The housemaid, Mrs. Cooper, showed me to my room. She was a humble woman in her late forties who had been working here from the past ten years.

"You're belongings had already been placed in their respective places." she smiled.

"Thank you so much." I say to her.

"No problem, Miss.."

"Savannah." I say and her face splits into a huge grin.

"That's my grand daughter's name. Naughty little creature." she shook her head.

"Bring her over someday." I say and she nods.

"Freshen up, I'll serve breakfast." she was about to leave when I stopped her.

"Oh no, I have an emergency at the hospital. Can't stay for breakfast. Thanks for the offer though." I say quickly and she purses her lips.

"You need to eat child." she says in concern.

"I will. Don't worry." she was still not satisfied with my answer but left anyway.

After showering, I slip into a blue Pearl blouse with white denims.

Leaving my hair to air dry, I rushed towards my car which was brought last night by our driver.

I entered the hospital and ran to my office changing into my scrubs and tying my hair in a bun

I got out to see my Junior surgeon waiting for me.

"What is the case, Michael?" I ask walking towards the operation theatre.

"An accident. It's a teenage boy who's bike was hit by a car and the bleeding is unstoppable." he informed.

We entered the OT and began the operation.

His left leg was broken and the same side shoulder was dislocated. He suffered a swear head injury other than that, there were a couple of scratches here and there.

After performing the surgery, we got out of the OT.

"How's our son?" An elder man asked in panic.

"He's fine for now. We have performed the surgery. The scratches will heal soon enough how ever he has dislocated his shoulder and we have plastered his leg. He won't be able to walk for almost three weeks. Even after that, he'll need crutches, not for long though. About his head injury, we've managed to stop the bleeding. He'll be unconscious for quite sometime because we've put him in medically induced coma since his brain requires rest. A lot of it. You just have to be patient and he'll be fine in no time." I smiled.

"When can we visit him?" his mother asked.

"I'm afraid you'll have to wait for two days. After that, you can only see him for a short amount of time and don't give him any kind of stress. Even though he can't respond, he very well can hear." I say.