CHAPTER 14

SAVANNAH'S POV:

I shouldn't have reacted like that. I really hope he let's go of it. Wouldn't want to ruin the image of the 'perfect' family we so gracefully displayed in front of him and his family.

Splashing water on my face, I changed into my previous outfit. My stomach grumbled loudly as I twisted the door knob and came out. I'm so hungry, I haven't eaten anything since yesterday well only orange juice while getting dolled up for the wedding. My wedding. 

I sighed and settled in the chair ignoring the constant calls of my poor, little rumbling stomach. Work first.

Pushing back the sleeves of my dress up to my elbows, I started working on the diet chart. Almost an hour later, I checked the time to see it's one in the morning. 

Yawning, I got up from my seat and stretched to ease my stiff muscles. There was a knock on my office's door.

"Come in." I say and the door opens revealing Joshua.

"I collected the blood samples and delivered them down to the laboratory. Anything serious?" he asked closing the door behind him.

"No." I shook my head and started gathering the diet chart and prescriptions for Diana in a manila folder.

"It's just that I want to find out if there's anything unusual that caused it and other necessary stuff like cholesterol, sugar and glucose level or any other disease." I continued and he nods.

"This is her medical history. Your father in law gave it to me." He said handing me a plastic folder and I thanked him.

I will take it home in the morning and see through it. I walk out of my office to find Adam, Drew and Ivan sitting in the lounge looking extremely distressed.

I shake my head and made my way there.

"Ivan, you need to go home and rest. If you, yourself, are not fine how can we expect you to support her. She's a fighter and she needs you by her side when she wakes up tomorrow and so does your sons." I say kneeling in front of him and holding his hands in mine.

"I really don't think I can go away from her." he sighed deeply making a small smile appear on my lips.

"Drew, take him home. Come back tomorrow morning with him. It's an order." I said quickly before any one of them could protest.

"Adam and I will stay here." I reassured them and they eventually went back to their place.

I turned towards Adam to see his eyes already fixed on me.

"Come on." I grabbed his hand and started walking in the direction of my office.

"Where are you taking me Savannah?" he sounded tired and irritated.

I ignored him and opened the door pushing him inside and locking the door behind me.

"What-" he began but I cut him off.

"Ssshh." I put a finger to his lips and he frowns moving back.

I grabbed a fleece blanket from one of my drawers and made him sit on the couch.

Hey, don't judge me I'm a doctor. I sleep here in times of need.

"Don't be difficult right now Adam, please." I exhaled.

"Lie down." I said and he looked at me as if I am crazy. I shut my eyes tightly and licked my lips.

"Lie down, please." I say more softly and he listens, for once.

Covering him with the blanket, I push the hair out of his face and move towards the door.

"Where are you going?" he asks.