Chapter Seven

Harry

Harry walked farther and farther away from Ginny with every step. He knew lots of people would still be in the Great Hall finishing breakfast so he went there. It was a mistake, Harry soon noticed, because when he walked in, there were one thousand pairs of eyes staring at him. He stared back, wide-eyed. He was frozen with fear. Harry ducked his head down and walked towards Ron and Hermione. He sat down quickly and everyone's attention was back to their food.

He looked up and immediately saw Dean sitting diagonally to him. "Harry, I-" he started. Harry grabbed the hands of Ron and Hermione and dragged them outside of the Great Hall with him. Ron, protesting Harry's grip, still had a mouthful of food in.

"Harry!" Ron said once they got outside. "I was eating!" Hermione shoved Ron in the arm. "Ow." Things were silent for mere seconds so Ron could catch up. "Oh. Hiya Harry." Ron looked down, embarrassed.

"How are you?" Hermione turned a concerning look in Harry's direction. She put her hand on his arm, comforting him like a child.

"I'm fine," Harry said coldly. He looked up at the ceiling, hoping he wouldn't burst into tears.

"Harry, you're crying," Hermione prompted. Sure enough, there was a small salty tear rolling down his cheek. "Let's get him to the boy's bathroom." Hermione and Ron each grabbed one of Harry's arms and carried him to the bathroom.

"'Mione you can't be in here," Ron said.

"Oh get over it, Ronald. I'm your best friend," Hermione pushed her way past Ron's guard and helped him clean up Harry.

"I don't want to go back out there," Harry grumbled.

"You have to. Our first class is in ten minutes," Hermione threw down her foot.

"Correction. Your first class is in nine minutes and forty-five seconds. You can go to class and I'll watch Harry," Ron offered.

"Watch?" Harry interjected. Hermione rolled her eyes, both her and Ron ignoring Harry's comment. "I'm not a small child you know."

"Fine. You watch Harry and you will take a horrible mark! Perfect!" and with that, Hermione vanished back through the door of the boy's bathroom.

"Mate, I have to talk to you," Ron took a seat on the bathroom floor next to Harry.

"What's up?" Harry said.

"That scene in the Great Hall with my sister..." Ron trailed off. Harry was silent. "Do you-?" Ron swallowed hard. "Do you fancy my sister?" Ron stuttered a little bit when he tried to say that.

"Uh-"

"Nevermind," Ron shook his head. "It was a stupid thing anyway."

"Ron-" Before Harry could say anything else, he had left the premises. "You're supposed to be watching me!" Harry called after his best friend but it was no use. Before he knew it, someone else was pushing the door open and coming inside. Harry saw a glimpse of ginger hair and thought that maybe Ron was back but who he saw was a shock to him.