#17

*Knock knock*

He's here already?!?!
It's only been 5 minutes!!

I rushed downstairs to the front door, taking a deep breath before finally meeting Minho again. As I opened the door, I was greeted by a sweaty Minho, flailing his arms crashing down into my chest.

"JINNIE!" Minho yelled. He seemed so happy to see me. "O-oh sorry," Minho quickly came off of me and fixed his shirt. "Hi Hyunjin how are you?" He waved and smiled showing his bunny teeth. I chuckled. Oh how I missed him.

———
Minho's POV

After the news of hyunjin coming back, I quickly ran out of the house running to his. To say the least, it was a bad idea. His house was around 1.5km away, which if you didn't know, is pretty darn far for sprinting fully.

My mind was all over the place, what I should do, what I should say. Let's just say it was a mess. Having a big fight with your best friend, then not talking for 3 years, is pretty tough.

There were nights where I cried alone, thinking about Hyunjin. He was a schoolmate, my best friend, and most importantly, a brother. We met long ways back, when he was in grade 1, and I was in grade 3. We always went to each other's houses after school. Whether it was the ice cream shop down the street, or the bookstore across the park. We were so attached, like glue as one would say. Inseparable. Hangouts were so often, to the point where his family, became my family.

We stayed close, even as high school had begun for me. We would still hangout on the weekends, go to the bookstore, go to the ice cream shop, and occasionally help with homework. We did make other friends, and hung out together as a group of five. But nobody, nobody could break the bond between us.

Or so we thought.

Turns out, the "nobody" was us.

After the fight, we pretty much never heard of each other again. The day after, you could say I was miserable. I started to push people away, saying that it was nothing, when in reality, I lost my everything. A week into it, my friends started to catch on that it was something about Hyunjin. No one in my friend group dared to say a word about him. When I said I never heard of him again, I mean it. My parents stopped talking about Hyunjin. They stopped asking where he went, although, they clearly knew before me. It was to the point where if it was one of our birthdays, we didn't even take note of it.

This is my last chance to make everything right again. If I fuck this up, it's game over for me.