Chapter 1 - Anna Haven

If you added this story into your library long ago, please delete it and try adding it again. The book is under editing and you will get the new version by re-adding it.

---

It's time to move on.

This has been happening for a couple of years now; me moving from one city to another. I have a strange feeling that this is the last time I'd be doing this. I don't know why but I have an inkling that this place will finally make me feel home.

Pihan. My new home.

It's something that any normal sane person wouldn't want to do. Going to a new city, joining a new school, not making any friends, trying to be invisible and finally moving on. But considering the fact that I am not normal or the fact that people think I am not sane, my act is completely justifiable.

As I am used to doing this, it won't be a problem; though it's different this time. I feel guilty for leaving Lucy behind. She is not my friend but always tried to be one. I thought it won't do her any good if I reciprocated her friendship; with me leaving the city once the year ends.

I didn't want to hurt her. She will hate me once she realizes I left the school and the city without mentioning once to her.

But that is the best thing to do and I don't really have a choice.

Staying in the same school means people getting used to me, acknowledging my presence and may be even trying to befriend me which is the last thing that I want. And even if I want that, I can't let someone into my life and try to know me.

So, I just avoid everyone, speak to them only when I need to, in my classes and ignore them as if I've never seen them in my life. And it worked too, because I've managed to pass these past couple of years without any friends.

I was nick named 'The nun' in my previous school. I didn't care or at least I pretended like I didn't.

So, the students stopped picking on me once they got bored just like every other school I went to; which was why I never really had problems in my schools except once.

I informed Mary, the owner of the diner I work that I am leaving the city which means she has to find a replacement. She was not happy.

She is a really good woman and tells me to enjoy life, hang out with friends, go to parties and live like a normal teenager though I am not one. I have always worked on weekends, not just because the diner is busy those days but also because I need more money; money that can not be provided by my family.

Or maybe I should say ex-family if the word really exists.

The only family I have is Aunt Kayla, but I can't ask her money; she has her own to look after. She was the one who helped me move from my city; the city I was born. She helped me enroll into a new school and had been my strength ever since. I will always be thankful to her; she need not do that for me, yet she was there and I can never repay her.

This city has been my home for almost a year and it's disheartening me to leave and move on to a new place.

I decided where I wanted to go, a couple of months ago and even found a place to live. I chatted with the owner of the house over the internet where I will be a paying guest.

I didn't tell her much about me except that I am an orphan which is a lie. I didn't want to lie to her especially since I would be living with her family for the next year but then I don't have a choice.

Thinking about all the things that had happened the past few weeks, I packed my last bag with the remaining clothes left in my closet. I don't have much to carry, my two trolleys-medium sized and a duffel bag.

I am tensed about how my life would be in my new town. I can't help thinking if I would be able to get a new job and if my life would be normal at my new school. I know I might get bullied the first few days but that generally stops when I don't react to them or when I keep my head down and do my work.

Pacing in my room thinking about all the things that might go wrong, I glanced at the clock which showed 10.30.

Realizing that it's time to sleep, I got into to my bed and pulled the duvet over me with thoughts still swirling in my mind. I hope I get a good night sleep so that I can leave for Pihan tomorrow without any problem.

As I was trying to think about my new school and subjects, sleep took over me and the last thought I remember having was,

'Westwood High, here I come'

---

Thank you so much for reading. Please Vote, Comment and Share

The introduction might be a bit slow and short but it is meant to be that way. As the story progresses, the real fun begins.

Pic of Anna is attached

- Janaki