Chapter 2 - My new city

--ANNA--

I woke up the next morning, feeling very refreshed. I slept for almost seven hours; the best sleep I got in the past few weeks.

I quickly got out of my bed and rushed to the bath room to do my morning routine.

Today is the day I had been dreading the past few weeks. I had to hurry up as I need to reach my new town by the end of the day. I don't know anything about that place but still managed to get admission into a new school and also got a place to live.

As usual Aunt Kayla helped me through the whole procedure. Though I told her I can manage, she insisted and I had to listen to her.

After having a quick shower, I put on my white and pink polka dotted sun dress that's been put aside last night and dumped my used ones in the side zipper of my trolley.

Since I will be no longer in the city, I don't mind if I looked attractive or in my case, different from my usual shirt and jeans; which is the only reason I am wearing this after putting it aside in my closet for almost 2 years.

It was my favorite and I think it looks really good on me.

I checked myself in the mirror and thought I was right. I do look good.

Pulling the trolleys with both of my hands along with the bag around my shoulder, I carefully descended the stairs and got to the driveway.

Unlocking my car, I put the trolleys and the bag in my backseat. After taking out my wallet, I reached the front seat and started driving to the only place I needed to go, to say good bye before starting on a long journey.

By the time I reached the diner, it was almost 8. I got out of my car and went into the diner only to be crashed into someone; luckily it was Mary.

"Hey Anna... What are you doing here???"

Before I could give a reply, she added "You look lovely"

"Umm...Huh.. Thanks..."

I am really not used to compliments even if it is from a woman.

Remembering her earlier question, I added "I came here to say goodbye"

"Oh! I didn't know you were coming. Anyhow, since you are here why don't you have some food? I am sure you didn't have breakfast"

Having said that, she went to Dan and brought a plate full of chocolate chip pancakes.

Well, I couldn't deny them as they are my favorite.The one thing I'd definitely miss from this city apart from Mary and Lucy are these yummy mouthwatering pancakes.

Once I had my breakfast which was supposedly the whole plate, I went to Mary and thanked her. After talking for few minutes and giving out fake promises that I would keep in touch with her, I left the place and started my journey.

As excited as I am to go to a new town, I am also feeling bad to leave Mary; the only person who cared about me apart from my aunt. I can't help feeling sorry for myself that I had to leave the one place that had given me friends after so many years. Or so it seems.

Throughout the journey, I couldn't stop myself from thinking what would've happened if that night didn't occur.

Would I be staying in my hometown excited that a new year at school will be starting in a week or would I be sad that I am still living there.

I just had one stop throughout my drive which was for lunch.. I managed to have Cheese Hamburger at McDonald's and bought few eatables to help me through the drive from not getting bored. The rest of the journey was spent listening to Taylor Swift, One Direction and 5SOS songs.