Chapter 15

Invisible

.•*•.XV.•*•.

     The music fills my ears as I'm being swept away into a dance that I don't know with a man that I don't know but he holds my body close to him, wanting to dance with me yet at the same time I get the feeling that he knows that I'm nervous and have no clue what is happening. People around us are also dancing and it fascinates me in ways that I can't say to see them like this and how they move in sync, it's extraordinary beyond anything that I've ever seen before in my life. In truth I have no idea how to do as I have never learned to dance these dances and especially this one that everyone does perfectly, at least I never learned a dance that is meant for nobles to learn from a young age and this must be on of those kinds of dances since I can barely keep up with the man, though he doesn't seem to mind it at all which I find rather odd but I don't question it. I had thought that I would never need to uses that kind of dances in my life and let alone in this masquerade which I did decide to attend not that long ago making me unprepared for all of this and my inexperience does expose me completely, it's a miracle how no one has found out the truth by now since I dance like a child. "This is your first ball I presume, My Lady?" The man that is dancing with me speaks, the first thing that he has said to me and his voice is so kind and generous yet it also holds a lot of power, that I can tell. I slowly nod my head at his question. "Yes" I whisper, speaking nothing but this truth as this is the first time that I have ever attended a ball or a Feast or anything really and though this is everything that I have ever dreamed of, dancing is something that I'm not good at, though we are doing it and he helps me dance. I don't know why he would do that for me.

The man smiles down at me and I can see so much warmth in his eyes as he stares down, his eyes are so kind that I would have to believe that he is just as kind himself and while he is handsome I admit my heart only wants one person. "Do not worry yourself, it will get easier. Take it from someone who has also recently joined society. Just follow my lead and you will be all right" He says and winks at me as he continues to lead me in this dance. His words do make me feel much better than I had done before but they also make me curious about this man that is so kind and like me is new to this world or the world of being around people that is. I don't say anything to his words but neither do I have to, the smile on my face says all that I need to say to him. Though I'm hoping it will make up fro the fact that after we have danced together he is going to need a healer and maybe a chair because his toes will all be broken from me stepping on them, yet he doesn't even seem to feel any sort of pain at all. Perhaps that is because he is a Werewolf or he is just good at hiding it. "You beauty shines through you like the soft moon in the sky. What name do you bear, My Lady?" He asks me with this noble like words and tone yet still kindly. My eyes have been looking down to the ground at my feet to see what I'm doing and making sure or more like trying to step not on his toes but it is only after those words have been spoken that I look up to meet his gaze for the first time since I had looked into his eyes before. "My name is Willow" I tell him anxiously as I stare deep into his eyes that somehow I find comfort to look into and I don't want to stop yet do at the same time which brings me deep into confusion.

His warm yet so soft brown eyes stare into my green eyes and it is as if he's trying to tell me something with his eyes but I can't be sure what it is as I can't seem to understand it. His smile of joy comes my way and it is like the sun is shining brightly in the night. "It has been such a pleasure to meet you, Lady Willow. Though I do believe it is time to change partners, do not panic, just keep yourself calm. You are a natural. I do hope that we will meet one another soon" He says as we stop dancing like the rest of the people that are around us. My cheeks are warning up by his words and it is so strange to hear someone like that speaks about to someone like me yet I can't deny that I don't like it because I do like it, very much in fact as this has never happened to me before in my life. I don't know his name but I feel like I don't have to know it but it would not even matter anyway if I knew if or not because after tomorrow night I will never see half of these people again and especially this man and if I were to see them they would not want anything to do with a human servant like me, and they would not even know it was me that was there at all. He takes my hand and kisses the back of it which only makes the blush on my cheeks deepen as the blood continues to rush there. "And I look forward to that moment" I tell him, after my voice had found its way back home as I had been so lost that I could barely speaks. He smiles my way and I feel my heart beat faster yet not as much as when it happens when I'm around Nick since he's the only one that my heart is craving for right now but I've not seen him at all this night but then again there are so many here. The music starts playing again and before I even know it another many has swept in and taken me for a dance and it had begun once again.