Chapter 18

Invisible

.•*•.XVIII.•*•.

     True to her word she made sure that I got there in time, well she did not do much but give me the confidence to actually walk there on my own, in one shoe nonetheless but I was able to do it and I think she made it possible and in a way she made all of this possible and she gave me the strength that I needed to get through this, and I have no idea what she did or how she did it but she did do it. From afar I watch the Feast as everything is going on there and I feel myself being terrified of going in there somehow. I hear the beautiful music that is playing and the chatter and laughter that comes from the people and their happiness shines right through it, the Feast has changed in some way that I cannot even explain as it does look the same yet not which I find odd but then again everything about this is kind of odd in some way. I have no clue how in the world my grandmother or whoever she is managed to convince me to come here to the Feast and not stay at the cabin in fear but somewhere deep inside my heart I'm glad she was able to convince me to come and just allow myself to enjoy this one last time before I will have to become the person that I am, the servant who no one likes and no one wants to like for I'm human. Not knowing if she is truly real or not and it was only my mind and imagination playing these awful tracks on me does make all of this more mysterious but either way I'm here at the Feats yet I'm not at the same time as I stay out of sight and just far enough so that I can see them and everything that is going on yet no one can see me which I kind of like. Nick himself has not come into view, my heart is pounding much faster inside my chest just thinking of seeing him tonight, even if it is for the very last time and my eyes find themselves searching for him everywhere, trying o spot him but I find that he's no where to be found and I'm unable to find him anywhere.

People are still chatting to one another and some are even slowly dancing to the music that is just pure perfection and that music can bring joy to everyone's heart in ways that nothing else can. Like last night they are enjoying themselves even more, a part inside is screaming at me to go there and enjoy myself too and just have fun like I had done the night before. Another part of me is actually agreeing with the other one and it tells me that the future Willow will just have to deal with the problems that will come up in the near future and let the present and current myself to have that much fun and not worry about anything until something has come up. These two parts are actually trying to force me to go and while I have the confidence there is also this frightened part that is much smaller and the other two are destroying it to frighten the fear inside me. I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths to calm myself down and as my eyes open once again and a bright smile comes to my face I start walking around the mansion to the front entrance. Like it had been last night there is a line but it is not as long as it was and I will not have to wait as long as I did then but the excitement and as well as the fear is still the same as it had been the night before and I'm sure it's going to keep following me and I don't really mind that at all. However once I come into view and walk to the line I notice that everyone's eyes are looking at me as if I'm someone that is important or I'm so strange or something. Perhaps they are looking at me like that because I'm only wearing one shoe but everything about me down to the hair is the same as it was last night but the missing slipper is one that I was unable to find as I could not go out today to look for it and I will just have to accept the sad fact about this that the glass slipper that I lost is missing, and will most likely remain like that for a long time and maybe even forever.

As I'm walking towards the back of the line I hear and see that people are whispering as they are looking at me with strange looks, however none of them are looking at me with disgust like people normally look at me, and now as my eyes are looking at them I don't know what look they are giving but it does not really matter that much to me since I'm not here to think of how people are or aren't looking at me. So I decide to just ignore them and get to the line in the back and then wait. Soon enough it is my turn to enter the mansion with the smile on my face which really hasn't left my face and not do I want it to leave at all. The mansion is decorated the same or I think it is, my memories tell me that it is the same so I don't really stay long inside as I know that outside it is much prettier and everything has more beauty in it. And there are some changes in the garden, I could see some before when I was watching the Feast but there are small changes like some new decoration have been put up likely because the one that was got ruined or ripped or something, but I would like to see the changes up close and see the beauty that they have to offer me. Like before everywhere I go and walk there are people looking at me with those looks and they are whispering things about me I figure but I have no clue on what they are whispering about and neither do I care much about it since I've never been one to dwell on the gossip of others as I have always wanted to just experience and learn on my own. I know they are not talking about me being human or a servant because I know they have no clue about it yet as if they did they would've thrown me out of here a long time ago so I know I'm safe on that and something worse would've happened to me then when my parents would've found out about it, which I can already tell would be bad and it would be something wicked, and Nick would be wanting to get piece of that action too but even now I can't seem to be able to see him anywhere.