🏀FIFTEEN

Lux finally returned home after most of the day at Sasha's, and while she didn't want to leave she knew she had to eventually

Lux finally returned home after most of the day at Sasha's, and while she didn't want to leave she knew she had to eventually. With her book bag over her shoulder, she pushed back the creaky screen door letting anyone in the living room that someone was coming in.

Her brows furrowed at the sight of her mom on the couch along with her little sister, Luna. Her GG sat in her rocking chair as always, her head dived into the CVS circular as she looked at the upcoming week's sales.

"Where ya been at lil girl?" GG pushed her glasses down the bridge of her nose.

"I was at a sleepover, I told you about it" Lux rolled her eyes.

Hearing her sister's voice, Luna popped her head up and ran towards her.

"Lux!" She smiled, wrapping her arms around her legs.

"Hey mommas" Lux smirked, running her hands over the four year old's hair.

"You just leave, without telling people where you're going?" Her mother asked, beginning to light her cigarette in the room.

"I just said I told her"

"I don't remember" her grandmother interjected, "But either way, grab my purse and take a run down to the CVS to get me some things before the sale ends"

"Do I have to? I'm tired" She fussed, throwing her bag down onto the couch.

"Yes, you have to. And take Luna, she's been in the house all day"

Lux rolled her eyes into her head, but did as her Grandmother told her. She reached for the purse, and GG located the access card and handed it over.

"Get everything, I circled" She said, handing over the circular, "It shouldn't be too much. Oh and take the stroller, that way you can put some of it in the back"

Lux groaned, but again just did as she was told.

She strapped Luna into her stroller once they were on the sidewalk, and began her route to the pharmacy. She was grateful that it was still a little early, as the sun was still out and the neighborhood kids were running around.

It was around five, and she wanted to hurry and do the task so she could get back and start her homework. She was surprisingly doing well in school so far, and she was glad because the more she saw the demise of her mother, the more she wanted to do better for herself in life. Everyone expected her to be knocked up by now, or at least expelled with the track record that Lux had years prior. However she proved everyone wrong, and she had to thank both Sasha and definitely herself for that.

After making it to the store, Lux completed the shopping efficiently and was on her way home. On the way back she decided to take the short cut, and her and Luna wound up passing the park.

"Park!" Luna tugged onto the gate as she rode past.

"Not today, Lu. Tomorrow" Lux half promised her.