🏀NINETEEN

Lux looked around her new room and smiled at the empty space that was now hers

Lux looked around her new room and smiled at the empty space that was now hers. It didn't smell of basement dust, neither was it four walls of bricks. Instead it was a spacious size with crisp white walls, and large windows that actually let in light. She took it in once more, and right as she exhaled her brother Lucious walked in.

"How you like it?" He asked, sticking his hand in his pockets and looking around.

"I love it" Lux smiled turning around, "So, we're really moving here?"

"Yup" Lucious nodded, "We can go get our stuff right after this, I just had to meet the landlord for the keys"

"Should I get a job or something like that? To help out?" Lux asked.

"Nah" Lucious snickered, shaking his head, "All I need you to do is stay doing good in school. You're doing great sis, so I need you to stay focused"

"Thank you bro" Lux beamed, "I'm really starting to like school, can you believe that"

"Yeah I can actually, you've always been smart. You just thought you were too fuckin cute to be reading after a while"

Lux chuckled as she flagged her brother, "You sound like Sasha, she says I can finish reading a chapter faster if I don't stop to apply my lip gloss so many times"

"She fucked you up with that one" Lucious laughed, "Where she at anyway? You ain't wanna show her the apartment?"

Lux twisted her mouth, and shook her head because she knew Sasha had been hitting her up all day but she was ignoring her.

A part of her knew her girlfriend wasn't the shady type, however the fact that she was being secretive was really bothering her. She didn't feel like she was overreacting due to the fact that in past relationships she could remember ex's pulling the same trust card, just to be doing exactly what was accused. And again, while Sasha seemed to be different, people changed once they began to receive attention they've never had before.

"Nah" Lux shook her head as she headed out of the room.

Lucious raised his brow as he followed behind his sister.

"Uh-oh, what's goin on?" He asked, throwing his arm around her shoulders.

"Nothing, she was just sleeping. She'll probably be over tomorrow"

"Wow, you really going to lie to me in my face" Lucious laughed as he hopped up on the kitchen counter.

He pulled a packet of wraps out of his pocket and ripped them open with his teeth, and Lux rolled her eyes.

"Fine, we got into an argument. It's not my fault though"

"Okay, so what happened?" He asked, beginning to roll as he listened to her story.

"She's been texting some girl, and I asked her to let me see the messages and she said no. Why would she say no"

"Maybe because you should trust her" he shrugged.