8.

"Cit! Where's the pepper?" Nolan Caldwells shouts ran through the walls not realizing his sister was just in the other room

"In the cabinet." Citlali tried to stop herself from rolling her eye from annoyance. Key word, tried, because all afternoon she had offered to help and he would just tell her no, I got this. Then a few minutes later, he was shouting her name needing help.

"Which cabinet?"

"Above the stove." The female responded and continued with her homework
Which wasn't due until Monday, but never the less, she wanted to get it over with.

"Cit, is the table set? She's going to be here any minute." Nolans voice once again ran through the walls. "Yes." The girl lied, once again rolling her eyes as she began to get up.

It wasn't a long wait.Ten minutes at most, but never the less, Nolan's girlfriend showed up And was ringing the doorbell. "Finish setting up please." Nolan ordered as he ran to front door. Widening her eyes frustrated, Citlali looked down at the dinning table, finish setting up? What the hell is he talking about I'm done.

"Cit, this Julissa. Julie, this is my sister-"

"Citlali, I know." Julissa quickly finished for him and hugged the girl. "It's so nice to finally meet you." Confused was Citlali, especially since she's known of this girl almost all her life.

"Uhh. Yeah. Like wise." Citlali replied pulling away earning a glare from her brother who didn't like the tone she was using.

"Okay, why don't you two go have a seat and I'll bring in the food." He spoke up after a long silence as he continued to glare at his sister.

"Great idea." Citlali sarcastically smiled and headed to the dinning room with Julissa following behind while her brother took off. As the two girls sat there silently and awkwardly, they constantly made eye contact from the starring, but still said nothing.

"Okay." Nolan finally made his presence known as he walked in wearing his oven mitts as he carried in a baking dish full of chicken legs.

"Wow, that actually smells good."

"Thanks sis and hold on, I forgot the macaroni and mashed potatoes." He rushed out of the room and returned with two small bowls setting them next to the chicken. "Alright. Dig in." He clapped excitedly before he began to serve himself and the two girls.

As soon as the two girls took a bite of the chicken. It was pretty much know Nolan was no cook, for it lacked flavor, but at least he tried and neither one of them said anything, just giggled when the made eye contact when they had their first spoonful. Apart from that, that was the only moment the two girls really got along. At least it that moment because soon enough, Nolan quickly stood up and walked out of the room when howls began to be heard frightening The two girl, Julissa, simply because she was scared, and Citlali because she knew.

"Sam just called, he needs my help, apparently those wolves are close. I'll be back as soon as s I can." He quickly rushed out. "Please. Stay inside." He ordered the last part to both girls but he never took his eyes off of his sister as he gave her a knowing look.

The two girls sat there for only a couple of minutes, but in reality it get a lot longer. "Hopefully nobody's hurt. I heard what happened to Emily Young last year." Julissa finally spoke up trying to make conversation to get read of the dead air in the room.

"Yeah, that was pretty bad." Citlali simply replied beginning to play with her food. "The food was pretty bad too. I honestly don't know how you mess up macaroni." At this Julissa could only laugh surprising Citlali a lot, but never the less she found herself laughing to.

It wasn't until the laughter died down and another few minutes of silence passed by that Julissa decided to finally speak. "Citlali, I'm sorry about the way I treated you over the last two years."

"It's fine. It never really bothered me." The girl lied, continuing to play with her food.

"No. I know it did, and I didn't mean any of it. I never wanted to be a terrible person, but when that rumor was spread about me, everyone just laughed and believed it. No one bothered to find out if it was true or not. And when it happened, I saw you laughing. I thought that-"

"You really thought I would make fun of you?"

"Yeah, it wasn't until your brother and I started dating that that I realized you hadn't been laughing at me. He told me about the coke cola incident."

"Oh my god. He told you about that. That is so embarrassing." Citlali immediately went red as looked down embarrassment, pushing her hair behind her ear. "If I would have known that was why you were laughing, I wouldn't have treated you that way, but in that moment I didn't know and just wanted to see you hurt. Again, I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"It's not. I feel like you should hate me."

"But I don't." And it was true, because Citlali knew if she was in her position, she probably would have done the same thing, but right now all that matters is that she apologized. That's why she let it go. "So, how about we clean up and make some cinnamon rolls because I don't think I can take another bite."

"Please." Julissa agreed smiling as she stood up to help clear the table.

Baking on a Friday night was a pretty normal thing in the Caldwell household, so when Mrs. Caldwell arrived taking in the smell of cinnamon it was no surprise. "Hey, whose your friend?" The elder asked her daughter when she found the two girls in the living room watching a movie with a plate in one hand and a glass of milk in the other.

"Oh, this...Julissa." Citlali finished not knowing if she should mention the fact that she's Nolan's girlfriend because he wasn't even here to introduce her himself.

"Hi Julissa. Lovely to meet you. I'm just going to eat something before head up to bed. Goodnight girls." She dismissed herself before heading into the kitchen, only minutes later she came back with the baking dish that held the chicken. "This chicken isn't fully cooked."

At her words, the two girls head snapped towards each other before they continued to laugh. "Nolan cooked it." Was all Citlali could say when she finally calmed down.

"Makes sense." Was all her mother could say before she disappeared making the two girl began to laugh once again.