11.

"Hey mom

"Hey mom. What are you doing up this earl-" Nolan entered his home after just having finishing his patrol to find his found his mother starring directly at the two teenagers sleeping on the couch. "-ly." He finished, hoping there wasn't a bad reaction.

"How long has this-" she pointed back and forth at the two teenagers. "-been going on?"

"I don't think it's a thing yet. I know he's asked her out, and she said no. Twice." Nolan chuckled at the last part.

"She still has feelings for Embry?"

"No. I can assure that she doesn't." Nolan was quick to reply. "She likes him. A lot." He smiled down at the two still sleeping. "And mom." He stooped her from leaving the room. "He's my best friend. He won't hurt her."

"I don't believe that for one second, but I see why you do, you are your fathers son."

"Don't-" Nolan sighed angrily, at the mention of their father. "Please. Don't ever bring him up again."

"Nolan," Ms, Caldwell sighed, shifting her weight from one leg to the other. "He still loves you."

"That means nothing to me!" Nolan shouted and stormed out of the house, causing the slamming of the door to wake up the two sleeping teenagers.

Immediately, Paul was up, promising that he'll be back before he leaped over the couch and went straight out the front door after Nolan. Meanwhile, Citlali headed into the kitchen to find a her mother whipping away her watery eyes.
"Mom, you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I just, i made a comment about your father and now, we'll, you saw your brother."

sighing disappointedly at her mothers answer, Citlali looked anywhere but her mother before speaking up."I don't blame him." Citlali admitted causing her mother to frown.

"He is still your father."

"No he's not. Why are you protecting him?" Citlali asked trying not to look angry. Years ago, if anybody would have brought up or even mentioned her fathers name, she'd cry. Not anymore, because she wasn't afraid of him, now she just hates him.

When her mother refused to answer her and instead turned to look out the kitchen window, clearly crying, Citlali did what she did best and stormed off to her room. In a attempt to calm herself down the girl destroyed her room, knocking every single thing off her dresser, along with her bookcase and night stand, not caring that she was breaking anything important.

Childish? Defiantly. But it was something Citlali had done since she was a child, only it had stopped for a while, up until the day Embry broke up with the girl. Since then, it's happened many times an no one ever questioned it. Everyone would just find her sitting on the floor, against her bed starring at the empty wall in front of her until she found the one thing that motivated her to get up, which ironically, is her bladder. But it was different today.

"Citlali!" The teenage girl raised he head from between her knees when she heard her name being called from outside. From a distant, but never the less, she could still hear her name getting closer and closer to her house. "Cit?" The voice could be heard along with Ms. Caldwell demanding for him to leave, but Paul simply ignored her and went straight towards her bedroom.

When knocked on her door and there was no answer, he let himself in. Normally he wouldn't, but it was Nolan who had begged him to go check on her because he knew his sister was caring, and ask her mother what was going on. He knew she'd get this way, and the memory Paul saw was defiantly something he did not like one bit. Even though he was a little too late and she had already destroyed her bedroom, he still promised Nolan he'd go check on her. He didn't do it just for Nolan, but because he also wanted to. Needed to. He cares deeply for her. And that is something Ms. Caldwell didn't know until the moment she saw him break her door open and hurried in to her daughters side. What surprised her the most was that he somehow knew, which led her to believe that they were a lot closer than she ever was to Embry, because Citlali refused to him about her problems with her father.

"Come on." Paul stood up. "I want to take you somewhere." He reached out his hand waiting for hers, which she did hesitantly, only because she had forgotten about the situation she was currently in. What she enjoyed most was that he didn't ask her anything about the situation. She knew he cared, he just didn't want to push and she appreciated that the most.

Once the two teens were in the car with Paul in the drivers seat, Citlali still didn't ask and decided to just wait. She trusted Paul, she knew that since the moment he proved her right when he said Embry wasn't going to a problem anymore.

Although she had no idea where they were going, she knew it was somewhere on the reservation, only because they went west on the 110. And to her surprise, they pulled into a small white home that looked very empty and lonely.

"So, there's something things you don't know about me, and I feel bad that you don't because I know almost everything about you, because you know, the mind reading and all that." Paul shrugged as if it were no big deal.

"Okay." Citlali frowned but nevertheless she nodded telling him to keep going because she was still confused.

"So, this is my house." Paul told the girl. They were both still sitting in the car, with the ignition off after minutes of silence because even though Citlali was nervous, so was Paul. He was about to tell his biggest secret, an insecurity to someone for the first time, and although his pack knows, he didn't particularly tell them by choice. He waited for her reaction, but there wasn't really one on Citlali. "A few days before I turned, my father left."

"Left? What do you mean left?"

"He just took off. Took his things and I haven't heard from him since." Paul explained. "I don't really ever stay here, i'm usually always patrolling, or at school. It's so lonely coming home sometimes, so I just crash on Sam's couch most of the time. Sometimes, I sleep on your brothers floor."

"What?" The girl frowned at the last part. "Why didn't you ever say anything?"

"It's not necessarily a conversation starter and i'm not proud of this particular life I have. I was always the angry kid who didn't seem to have any hapiness going for him, but ever since I met you, things are different. I'm hopeful." Paul smiled bringing the girl into his arms and just holding her, which she didn't mind one bit becasues she hugged him back.

"I'm glad younow feel that way, but-" She pulled her head back while still in his arms, with nothing but a smile sitting on it. "I need to see your room."

"Oh boy." Paul sighed with a smile appearing on his face trying to not be embarrassed because realistically, his bedroom has been the same since his mother decorated it when he was a newborn. he only thing that changed was the bed and the shelves that were filled with school books and action figures from when he was ten. It was defiantly not something he wanted her to see, but it could be worse. it could be like Nolan's room covered in perfect attendance trophies and awards since elementary along with his collection of beanie babies that his mother would not let him throw away. "I guess." Paul smiled taking the girls hand and leading her into the house.