17

Almost a month had gone by and really the only time Citlali got to see Paul was while he slept

Almost a month had gone by and really the only time Citlali got to see Paul was while he slept. It was non stop patrolling for him and the pack. She missed him, she really did, but she also knew this was his duty and she was happy she at least got to be there... when he slept.

There was still no word from Maddie, who still was as angry as ever and the only people who were talking to her were of course Kim and Julissa. But that was all really by association. Well, at least Kim was, because Julissa was now her future sister in law. It all happened so fast, one moment she learned her brother dropped out of school back in December, and next she was being asked by Julissa to be her maid of honor.

"I'm sorry, what?" Citlali's eyes closed before they reopened dramatically.

"I'm engaged!" Julissa squealed showing the girl the ring around her finger excitedly. "We're going to be sisters!" She continued by pulling the girl into a hug.

"Welcome to the family." Citlali patted the girls back forcing enthusiasm. She was happy for her and her brother, she really was. It's just that, she always thought that she would know when it was going to happen, her brother was that kind of guy, or at least was. He was someone who couldn't come up with plans on his own, always needed her advice. But it seemed with Julissa it was different. She wasn't just any girl, she was his imprint, and he knew no matter what she would love and understand whatever he did. That was the best part.

Fo instance, Embry and Jacob didn't understand Citlali's and Paul's relationship. They've been together for a while now, and the past month has been nonstop patrolling so of course it means sleep and patrol with nothing in between. They didn't get how Citlali and Paul were okay with that. But to the couple it was more than just having their presence, they didn't care about the fact that they couldn't actually hang out.

"I can't believe it. Best friends and now sisters." Julissa continued making Citlali's eyes go wide.

Best friends, she thought. Best friends. She wouldn't call her a best friend. Maybe a close friend . Maybe sister, but only because they had gotten so close and of course she's now her brothers fiance. But best friend? Could she ever really replace Maddie? And in all honestly although she hates the thought of it, but if she had to pick, it wouldn't be Kim. Yes they became friends. Yes they're close but that was just it, she could never picture the girl as a best friend. Could she?

"What did your parents say to the news?" Citlali asked. "And my mom?"

"They're so happy. We're already planning a little backyard wedding in June."

"So soon?" Citlali found herself asking.

"Well, by then I'll be graduated from high school. I'm already enrolled to take some quick classes to become a phlebotomist, once that's done, I can get a temporary job at the hospital while I take some classes until I get into nursing school."

"Wow. You really know what you want."

"Well, that was always my dream."

"if you two are happy, then so am i." Citlali responded in which earned her another hug. She couldn't help but feel guilty when there really is no reason to,

"Thank you! Thank you!" The girl smiled , again pulling the gurl into a hug. All Citlali could think was, I'll have to get used tot he hugging. "You're the best."

With everything going, it seemed odd, but planning for a wedding may be the best thing to happen. At least for all the imprintees, it would keep them distracted and not have to worry about the guys. But, even after all that, that's the one thing they can't help but to do. Especially since It involved Bella who was constantly showing up with Jacob, just luring and messing with his feelings.

By the time supper came and Citlali was preparing dinner with her mother, news spread fast. Her mother had received a call that Harry Clearwater had a heart attack and his children Leah and Seth were missing. At least that's what was being said because they couldn't exactly tell the people that they triggered the shapeshifting gene.

So, quickly shutting off the stove and lights, The two Caldwell females rushed on over to their friends home to support and comfort Sue Clearwater who was a reck. The entire time she had been crying with Emily attempting t comfort her, but what the women needed was her dear friend who immediately went and wrapped her arms around her.

Before they knew it, it was past ten, and Sue had managed to fall sleep which left Ms.Caldwell tighting up the home for the woman, still hoping to hear news of Leah's and Seths whereabouts. Citlali knew that by now, the guys had found them if they were truly missing, so she and Emily decided to head back to her house and see what news the guy's had...which was al lot.

Walking into Emily's small home, the girl quickly realized everyone had been there waiting for them, including a sad Leah and Seth and boy did they not look okay. Seth, his eyes were red and his cheeks were blotchy. Leah on the other hand, she looked entirely the same, but she was crying in a way that sounded like she was trying to stop herself and everyone knew why. Or at least had an idea.

Because oh him.

She didn't want to be sitting in his and his fiancés home, she didn't even want to look at them and she sure as hell doesn't want to cry in front of him. The sad thing is that nobody really knows the girl well enough to comfort her. Well, Seth was also mourning and had Sam comforting him; who was always like a brother to him.

Leah in the other hand, she wants nothing to do with her cousin Emily and so that left Citlali who knew the girl enough. So she went and took a seat next to her, placing a hand on her back as she cried. She doesn't care that in the past Leah had always been mean to her. None of that mattered because she hopes that one day someone-anyone would attempt to be there for her if she were ever in that position.

Softly rubbing the girl backs, Leah tensed a bit before she let herself go and cried with her head in Citlali's lap. It was then that Citlali looked around having all eyes on her, confused because she wanted to ask the first thing she noticed when placing a hand on Leah's back. Why was her temperature just like the rest of them and specifically. Why she was warring guys clothes. She didn't miss the fact that Seth was dressed in cut off just like the guys do, so that some what gave her the answer she was looking for. But what confused the guys was that the moment they were able to turn Leah back into her human form she had been a bitch and nobody could get her to listen let.

"It's okay." Citlali whispered to the girl. Moving her sweaty hair out of her face. "Let it out. It's okay." She repeated wanting to so badly cry at the sight of Leah.

Moments later, Jacob stormed into the house.
"Bella left with that bloodsucker."