5 (part 1)

Im alive :")

Short chapters,  frequent updates.

"Is this it?" Claire's eyes looked up at the mansion, a little wide and amused. "Are you sure she's here?"

"Yes." Adam nodded, walking over to stand next to her, leaning against the car. "And trust me, it's even beautiful from the inside."

"Of course." Claire scoffed. "Why wouldn't it be? I'd build it beautiful too if I could."

The other shot a look at her, and she instantly rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything further. Instead of reassuring her that they'll one day own a mansion similar to every friend of theirs like he did every time, Adam slipped his hand into hers. "Let's go?" He asked.

He didn't exactly wait for her response, but started dragging her towards the house. She didn't complain further, but just went along, her bag around her shoulders. She wasn't really wearing presentable clothes, just a T-shirt and ripped jeans, and not to mention she had walked out of the house with bed hair.

Adam knocked twice on the door, and before they knew it, they were being tackled. More like, Claire was getting tackled by a huge hug by Hailey herself, smelling as good as expensive perfume.

To say Claire was used to their wealth, didnt sound right.

"Whoa." She raised her eyebrows, totally startled. Hailey this happy to see her? Not expected. "We met less than three months ago."

"A year." Adam coughed, and looked away.

Hailey enjoyed the hug till it lasted before pulling away and taking in a deep breath and sighing away in relief. "You'll definitely not believe me when I say I need you."

"Need me?" Claire furrowed her eyebrows. She was called to fulfil her needs?

"Mentally, god dammit." Hailey hissed. "Who else would I want next to me apart from my own close friend in times like.. these?"

Right. Maybe Claire overthought it.

And Claire was being dragged for the second time that day, shown around the huge place until they stopped by in the living room and the moment she was a couch, she hastily reached out to sit down, totally exhausted.

No she wasn't exhausted, but she didn't really wanna walk around.

She refused to get up, so the others had to take a seat next to her.

"You'll be stunned to know who's in town and will be here any moment now."

The moment the words slipped out of Hailey's lips, Claire's breath hitched. She completely forgot what comfort was, palms immediately turning sweaty. It felt so suffocating to sit on such a comfy couch, and it definitely didn't help that her gaze fell.

The one person she didn't want to look in the eyes, the one she didn't want to be in the same room as, didn't even want to breathe around, was going to be here?

"But..." Adam decided to speak, totally noticing the way Claire was shifting in her seat. "Y-you said-"

"Oh hush." Hailey waved her hand in front of his face, "It's Connor."

Claire's eyes shut for a minute, before she sat back on the couch again and smiled.

"That's cool. How's Connor?"

Hailey hesitated for a second. "You'll... you'll see."