35

I'm working on the last chapter currently :(

Also I'm thinking I can post any new plot or book. Sounds great only if I get em reads 😂

Nate had other plans too. Along side Claire, he wanted to have some benefit of his own. The only reason why he got himself involved in the first place.

He admits, he isn't your ideal good guy, because he plotted this in favour of him too. He was selfish, but then again, what human wasn't?

Nate just had one goal, that he had since he joined this company on regards of Brad. And since Brady thinks of himself as the biggest player out there, Nate wanted to outdo him.

So he plotted something even better.

He had all his work done in these three weeks. Thanks to Claire for being generous enough towards his pitiful self.

Nate entered room number 8, pulling out his phone once again from his pockets.

This time he texted none other than Brady himself.

Nate: room no.8 backstage. now. or the fire will go off

Nate can totally imagine the panick stricken face on Brady's face. He had to oblige, if he didn't want the party to go into ruins.

Nate felt a sting of excitement and adrenaline rush, that he hadn't felt in a while. He mostly used to walk around dead, just breathing and loving for Sean, but today, he felt like he was living for himself too.

He waited for a few minutes, till the door to the room opened, and in walked in a sweaty faced Brady Clark.

"What is this ridiculous prank, Nate?!" He hissed, his double chin showing and eyes growing with pure insane rage. If Nate didn't have an upper hand on the situation, he would have been trembling shitless.

"It isn't a prank, Mr.Clark." Nate stated, gesturing to a chair near the door. "Please have a seat."

"What do you want? I have no time."

"I can buy your time with fire." Nate growled, which made the old guy just sit down anyway while rolling his eyes and trying to adjust to the sweaty body.

"I see you have no idea what I'm here to do today." Nate started. "Let's just say everything depends on how well you know to take care of the matter. The old times are gone, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

Nate's voice had an edgy feeling to it, like he meant each and every word that he spoke. It kind of ticked Brad's mind off.

"First thing's first." Nate smiled. "Thank you for paying me all these years. I have enough to start my own business."

Clark scoffed. "If this is about money, you can have a lot. And I mean it."

"I know." Nate folded one leg over the other, a smug look on his face. "But not everything is about money."

"What is it?"

"Second thing's second, I'm resigning."

Brady barked out a laughter, clutching his stomach in the process. "Resigning, you say? You do know that I'll have your dad's company cut off from the partnership."

"Go ahead."

As if Brady thought he could use that against him all the time. He threatened Nate for six years, but not anymore. There are things that Nate owns now.

And so hearing Nate's words, Brad was a tad bit startled.

"Boy, you're not going to like it."

Nate pulled out an envelope, spilling a few pictures in front of Brady. "Recognise these?"

To hold power over the man everyone thought was undefeatable, was so much more than just a sense of satisfaction. It was delight, it was a feeling of superiority.

Draining colours off Brady's face, just gave Nate so much pleasure that he couldn't help but smirk.

"How did you get these?!"

Nate chuckled. "I have my ways."

"Who had them all this time?"

"That isn't important." Nate tutted. "What's important is, if you refuse to let me go, or do anything to my parent's business, these will be out. J have extra copies. And you know how it'll affect you and your precious company."

He was terrified, and trembling while flipping through the pictures. They were all those pictures that Claire had all this time hidden away. And these pictures were about Vincent's case, but the information that lay on the paper next to it was what was the real shit.

These were the proofs that weren't ever presented in the court and Wesley was proved innocent.

Nate still remembered the day that happened. His brother was locked up, but Wesley wasn't.

And he hated it so much. He hated the power this man held.

"How did you get this information?" Clark clenched his fists, speaking through both rage and fear.

"Your elder son had a premium camera that was bought only by you. Did you forget? These pictures were already proven to have been taken in that exact camera. But by who? No one knew that? Interesting." Nate's face darkened, as he moved to look more intimidating. "Does this look like a power play to you?"

"No-"

"What's more? Your usage of your fame and money over this case could bring even a bigger loss to you." Nate mocked a sad face. "Terrible, isn't it?"

"What do you want?"

Nate's smirk was back. "You know how to make deals, don't you, scumbag?"

Brady crushed the papers and pictures in his hands, extremely furious.

"What do you want?! He yelled, his old as fuck voice breaking.

"Your signature on my resignation letter. And nothing more." Nate joined his hands together, fingers intertwined. "Go on, the letter is in the envelope."

And Brad did so, pulling out the paper and signing it without any further thought.

"One last question." Nate interrupted. "Why did you keep me around till now?"

Brady didn't look at him anymore. He just took a deep breath. "You were fun to play with."

"Sick bastard." Nate mumbled before he threw a punch at him.

Brady Clark made him so fucking nauseous. No matter how different his sons were, he still disgusted Nate to no end.

He had enough.

Brady Clark had done enough now.

Nate grabbed the letter, and stormed out, not wanting to be there even a second longer.